Hiya people!

I've been using a lot of matte lipsticks lately, especially the liquid kind, and whether it's due to the weather or dry air or whatever or the lipsticks themselves, I now got pretty dry and chapped lips. They're not cracking and chapped dry, but slightly dehydrated and not as nice looking as could be dry, if you know what I mean? Anyways, I'm looking for some lipsticks that will not make my lips even drier and that will look the best given this, let's say, mild dehydration. 

What's the lipstick of your choice in this situation? (And for good measure, which ones shouldn't I touch with a barge pole?)

Thanks, people!

Hi and sorry about the dry lips!

Some ideas for you that may help:

- Apply lip balm before you go to bed so it's there all night.
- Use a lip scrub on a weekly basis.
- Use MAC prep+prime lip primer before applying lipstick.
- Use glosses instead of lipsticks for a while until your lips are less dry, it will really make a difference.

I hope that helps some and that your lips will look kissable again soon! Good luck!

What you want is moisturizing lipsticks that will hydrate your skin rather than suck moisture out of them. Some tips that may help you:

• Anself Long Lasting Moisturizing Waterproof Leopard Print Lipstick

• L’oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour Lipstick with Hydrated Nourishing Ingredients

• Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick Enthrall, Dry Lips Smoother

•  Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick, Brick- Moisturizing Dry Lips

• NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Eden, Mineral Oils to Moisturize Dry Lips

• Princessa Aloe Vera Mood Lipstick, Moisturizing Long Lasting

You will have to try all of these out yourself before buying to make sure that what you buy is what you are looking for, but I am betting you will find something to your liking on this list. 

Matte liquid lipsticks ARE drying. The best way to cope with this in my experience is to apply a thick layer of lip balm like Burt's Bees the night before, and keep it on all night long, and also to use a layer of that instead of a primer before applying the liquid lipstick. If you get into the habit of all night moisturizers for your lips, you will see better results, I promise.

If you have severely dry lips by nature or right now, though, I'd suggest using a more hydrating lipstick instead. Only you know what your lips are like right now. If it looks terrible, skip it.

Not all matte lipsticks dry your lips out. NYX Lip Lingerie lipstick is a matte formula that doesn't cause my lips to dry out, so I'd recommend you look into that line. I've also heard good things about Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint but haven't tried it yet. I totally want to though, because they have an awesome color range that really appeals to me. Oh, and Jeffree Star, the YouTube celeb, also has his own matte lip paint line that I've heard positive things about. Again, you are talking about a very specific color range that appeals to me but that not everyone will like. 

Celebrity

If your lips are really dry, I think I would advise you to stay away from lipsticks altogether for a while and use chapsticks instead. I don't know if you can get the Crazy Cat Lady lip balm set, but I tried it and it's lovely, with great flavors, it's free of artificial chemicals and rich in vitamins. The Handmade Heroes Coco Friggin' Fantastic All Natural Vegan Lip Balm contains coconut oil and is especially hydrating, so that's another thing to try. 

I'd also suggest you use a honey mask for your lips for ten minutes a day to see if it makes any difference. 

Rosie