help my lips chap and get inflamed and itchy and turn black occasionaly could this be a food allergy or what my doctor tells me that i am suscptible to allrgies but is taking long to give the results on the allergy tests... could thaey be cold sores!!

Well, your lips could be dry and dry and chapped lips could cause chapping and itchiness. The reason they turned black could be due to excessive coffee and tee drinking but the biggest causative of lips turning black are cigarettes and smoking. You should do the allergy test but if nothing turns up, try quitting smoking if you are smoking at all and see if things get better.

I do not smoke or drink, no what?

:( I nam currently going through this disaster with my lips first inching and burrnig then when I used medicated blistex I woke up the next day and my lips were black!!!! I am currently using coco butter to see if that helps.

i think i know what happen to you
before you lips were dry after burn
and now it becoming black around your lips
me i have this for 2 years and i still aint know how to fix this

Try using carmex. Also when u brush your teeth, brush your lips to get the dry dead skin off

Well I dont smoke anything nor do I drink coffee or tea. I believe that the reason your lips began itching then turned black is because of an allergic reaction to something. I have had two occasions where my lips turned black. I'm a person that keeps the same routine majority of the time. I noticed that when I ate wimpy sauce from a restaurant my lips started itching. I finished my meal then I put on my lipstick but I kept feeling a tingle. The next morning I noticed that my lips were swollen from me licking them thru out the night because they were suddenly dry, which was not normal. I noticed that my lips were slowly darkening, now they are black and I can see speckles of black dots when I pull my bottom lip down. Ewww it gives me the creeps. Another time I used a new brand of lipstick and it did the same thing. Trust me, the color will come back, it took three months for me. Good luck.

Hello, can anybody tell me the name of allergy that occurs to the lips
During my observation, whenever i eat chicken, chicken egg and something like fishy
My lips started to itch so much until i put an anti-inflammatory cream, it chapped, swollen and dried like a lips of an old person
then it started to peel off, that very thin layer of the skin (lips) then it goes back again from itching, like a cycle whenever i eat something
that could trigger the allergy.

Even just a used oil from frying eggs and chicken, my lips react to that. any residue from that.

Please can somebody tell me what kind of allergy is that or what do you call that...

I too also have the same phenomenon and have had this recurrence for almost 10 years now.

My symptoms begin as a slight irritation around the edge of the lips, then I may get a small raised area on my lip, my lips would then become slightly swollen, then my lips would begin to tingle and I would cry out "oh nooooo" because I knew that my lips would start to become darker than usual (to the point people would ask if I smoke marijuana or applied black lipstick). I too see dark speckles when I pull my lower lip down :-(

It is very frustrating because a lot of internet searches always come up with smoking, or too much coffee drinking (which like all of you, I do not do at all.)

I have noticed that this phenomenon usually occurs when I also develop an eczema rash on other parts of my body. A few months ago I did a elimination-addition diet and realized that my eczema starts whenever I eat peanuts, drink soy milk, eat anything with cow milk and eat eggs. I always develop black lips around August-September which lasts for approx. 3 months until they become normal. So far so good I have not experienced it again.

I believe their is a connection between this odd phenomenon and perhaps eczema or your diet.

Please try putting pure lanolin on your lips. The best is called PureLan 100 by Medela. Make sure it is pure 100% lanolin, no additives or preservatives.

c**p! I've had this for the past 3 weeks now. What is wrong?!?!? My lips are itchy and chapped. They are turning black and the inside of my lips are dry and chalky. I don't smoke and believe the last time I drank coffee or tea was in 2009 sometime.

THANK GOD!! I'm the guest who posted just above this post on 3/5/11. Since I posted, the problem has been successfully cured. I did three things to begin the healing process:

1) I immediately went to wal-mart after I posted and purchased a bottle of Centrum Silver vitamins that contain Riboflavin AND Iron (some bottles don't have both).

2) While there, I bought some of this "Burt's Beeswax" chap stick that has a bunch of ingredients including coconut oil and vitamin E. I would put the chap stick on throughout the day, but the biggest healing came when I piled it on before bed and woke up the next morning. It burned like c**p!!

3) I drank at least 4 bottled waters a day.

my mouth has returned to normal-no more cracks on my lips or the sides of them, and no more itching or swelling. Best of all, my lips are pink again!!!

I just realized it only took 5 days to heal.

Hello, I went through a terrible bought with what I found out was "Angular Chleitis" My lips cracked, the corners of my mouth cracked, and my lips turned completly black. I looked like Grandpa from the Munsters. I couldn't eat anything without excruciating pain. Spicy foods were out of the question. I tried every remedy I came across - Vinegar (which is like wiping molten lava on your lips) every lip balm on the market, Aquapour, Coconut oil, Anti-fungal creams, I drake a gallon of water daily, took every vitamin recomended, stopped licking, Not to mention 2 perscriptions from the Dr. NOTHING HELPED! Finally, my wife found the remedy on line. Triamcinolone Acetone Cream USP.5%. As soon as I started using it, I could feel it working. My condition had gotten so bad, it took me a number of weeks before things completly returned to normal, but they did. The cream does not burn at all when applied, but the healing process can sometimes be painful. All of the black skin begins to flake off. I know... NASTY! The Angular Chleitis is a fungus. I am not proud to say that I think I aquired it by scratching my private parts after exersizing, and then applying lip balm before washing my hands. That's embarassing to share even annonymously, but I want to help you avoid what I had to go through if possible. You can only get the Triamcinolone Acetone Cream with a prescription. Your Dr. will try to convince you that it will not work for your symptoms, if you are going through what I went through, Insist that he write the prescription. Tell him if it doesn't work, you will come back and do things his or her way. I hope this helps. God Bless you, I'm praying for you!

the sun causes lips to darken, i have had this problem and i know, as soon as the weather turns sunny my lips turn dark, even the slightest exposure can cause damage to your lips. i now use sun factor 40 lip balm and lipstick ontop, this has helped

lstn guyz...i'm have some problem wid my lips..they're itchy sumtyms n i feel like biting'em..dtz really a bad feeling!!
they also turn black sumtyms n my question me if i smoke..!! NO I DO NOT>!
yes..i used to be a coffee & tea addict..bt nw i'm over it..!
I tried visiting a dermatologist n she said itz all cuz of sunburn...but i dont think dts true in my case.!
i need some remedy that can help me solve my problem...!! 
PLZ GUYZ..help me out..!