I do not know if any of you knows how struggling with dry hands can be painful. I am diligent about keeping them protected when doing housework or gardening. I am also trying to apply moisturizer whenever the opportunity arises. However, I still suffer from bone-dry, cracked, parched hands. I want to hear if anyone could tell me more about this problem with dry hands, because I do not know what to do.

You have to know it is of vital importance to protect your hands from dish detergent, laundry detergent, excessive washing, and irritating ingredients. It is also important to protect them when doing potentially irritating manual activities such as yard work or sports. You should be wearing gloves to prevent contact with these types of products and ingredients, which is of the utmost importance to avoid dry hands. Unfortunately, a significant number of women may find they are allergic to latex gloves. I have to tell you that about 10% of the population has negative reactions. They are ranging from mild to severe, if they are exposed to latex. If this turns out to be a problem to your dry hands, you could always ask your physician or pharmacist where you can find non-latex gloves. The faster you get an emollient moisturizer on your dry hands after washing, the better. I have experience that any good, emollient moisturizer will work. It does not have to be labeled hand cream to be used on dry hands. It helps to keep small tubes or bottles of moisturizer all over the house. You could leave it near the kitchen sink, in the bathroom, at the bedside, and in the garage, and I hope this will help you get rid of dry hands.