I was just wondering whether anyone might know about the skin condition I have on my fingers.... They're flaky, as in the skin flakes and peels off. Which also means the skin is all red, and raw. My skin feels really tight, it's very hard to open and close my hands properly, I've also got lines running down my fingers. It also itches pretty badly. Seems to be worse at night, sometimes I wake up itching like mad. Another thing I've noticed is little tiny bumps. Usually little clusters of them. They get really itchy, and they sort of weep clear liquid when scratches or squeezed. My doctor said it was contact dermatitis from my rings, but I haven't worn them in months and it's been getting worse. Also the cream she gave me doesn't work.

Thankyou so much for any advice.

This sounds like eczema to me. Try over the counter cortisone cream for a few days. This should help. Then you must cut down on how often you wash and use mild dove soap. Use moisturizer two to three times a day.

For the last 7 months I've been having the same problem.

All my fingers apart from one is affected, I get red dry flaky skin that's so tight it rips open when I make a fist, and when I cream it, it some times leaves a yellowish liquid from mini spots.

It is impossible to always keep your hands lubricated and even if you could I doubt this would help in the long run.

Some times it feels like the skin has a mind of its own because it only repairs when if feels like it.

I have tried everything, if the skin is not treated it gets so hard at times it feels like a rock from the affected areas, also if I run really hot water over them I can't help but feel relief but in actual fact I'm damaging them further.

I've used E45, Vaseline ect, even aloe vera, the fingers look like they have been burned, I cover them with gloves but feel my hands need air, I'v even put plasters over my fingers and put gloves on top, when I take off the plasters the fingers smell like rooting meat but are very soft.

I'm getting to the stage were my doctor can't help and I feel like chopping them off at times lol

Need some real solution, and by the way I have had eczema this is NOT eczema

Please help.

I have the same problem. My doctor also said it was contact dematitis, i have had it for almost 4 years, and they just leave it at that. Mine will go away for a couple of weeks then come back. I have given up on going, since it is just costing me money and not helping. Hope you all find a solution!

Wow, I thought I'd never find someone with this problem. I have each and every single symptom posted here. I sometimes feel the need to run hot water over it for a bit, I just switch to cold and let it run even though it itches. It itches so bad and it is so scaly. I put hydro cortisone and nothing it comes right back. I have trouble seasoning food or washing dishes cause it burns. And I have to use a full jar of lotion before they are moisturized!!!! HELP!!!

OMG I have this same freaking problem it only started a 1 year ago and has gotten worse my hands are soooo sore, red and itchy my hands are fingers look nasty now from all the itching :( I got those little clusters under my skin too.. and I love running hot hot water my hands feels soo good like its itching them for me deep under my skin!!!!! wish their was something that can help this!!!!!

Same problem here. No idea what's going on. Running my hands under extremely hot water is the quickest relief from the extreme itch, although it causes more weeping. I've been on and off corticosteroids, fungal cream, betaderm cream, flipping everything you can think of, and everything makes it a little better while I use it, and then it immediately returns when I stop. The worst part is the skin just falls off my fingers, leaving them red and raw. Little cuts just open and bleed on my hands, mostly around my knuckles. I've been using a cream called Glysomed, which seems to help slightly more than regular hand lotions. Wish I could stop this. I feel like a zombie.

My dermatologist has me on Methotrexate its been 4 weeks but little improvement at this point! My hand is in pain, bleeding itching everything you all have described! Hoping this med works!!

I'm 18 years old. I've had the same problem for about 3 years now. All of my fingers down to my palm is scaly, itchy and literaly looks like hamburger meat. I get these water blister looking things. It looks black under the blister. I'm steady popping them things. It's become a habit. It started to get under my nails. My sister has the same thing, too. I always lock my hands together and just scratch. It felt good, but after words burned. Anyways. My fingers were completely ruined I thought. All of the symptoms you all have described I had too. My doctor, when I finally got insurance, gave me this cream. It is called Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. USP, 0.1%. It works great. After using it for 2 days , I seen a HUGE improvement, and their still clearing up. Seriously ask your doctor about it. Another good thing to use while using this cream is to take Benadryl. It stops the itching. and relieves redness.

You need hydrocortosone cream

I just started having those same symptoms it was just with one finger now it's spread to my other fingers and on my other hand too one time I put Burt's bees Chapstick on and it really smoothed it out better than lotion! But it never goes away! I did a lot of research and I believe it is called dishydrosis there's a video on YouTube that explains a lot let me know if you find anything that works!

So glad I am seeing this post.  I have the same problem with only one hand.  I have tried treatments for eczema and psoriasis.  Use all kinds of lotions and cortisone creams.  It's been going on for over two years.  Hope someone can figure it out and share!

Try unrefined organic coconut oil sold on jars. It is hard when cold and liquid when warm, two or three times a day with some vegetable juicing regular. Avoid allergens in laundry, bathroom and kitchen. Drink plenty of water, specially with electrolytes. 

My son has had all the same symptoms; could not open his hands; open skin, etc. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

hello...ive experienced the same problem and just want to know if you got answers already on this? can u share it to me pls.......

You are having a bout with.....psoriasis.........no worries, people can live with it for a long time, my dad had the SAME eact thing sometimes only for a while but mostly all the time.. Good luck and again, no worries just stay away from steroids and try other things..... :) Bag Balm seems to help and what you eat and drink really effects it....