I've had this problem for about a year now. I'm still a virgin, so it's not a STD. I'm also circumcised. Let's get down to the details now.

When I'm not erect, my penis usually just looks dry (white cracks, but not peeling). The dryness is only around the shaft. When the problem first started, the area that was dry was just a small area on the left of side of the shaft near a big vein, which is near the base. The vein is only visible once I start masturbating. The dryness/itchiness has never occurred on the head. As time went on, the dryness continued to spread to the right side of the shaft. It was never really dry on the back/under side of the shaft, but now it's starting to get dry. Let me make something clear. The areas of dryness are NEVER itchy when I'm flaccid.

When I AM erect, that's when the itchiness occurs. Usually this is from morning wood or as I'm starting to masturbate. It's usually the most itchy when I wake up in the morning and am really erect. The weird thing is that once I start to masturbate the itchiness starts to get better. And after I ejaculate, I'm basically no longer itchy. I generally masturbate every other day.

When I masturbate, I always use lubricant (lotion of some kind). I don't think it's the lotion that's been causing the problem because I've been using the same kind for a long time. I tried not masturbating for the last 2 weeks, but it didn't get that much better. It was still basically itchy whenever I was hard.

So what's the problem and how do I fix it? I haven't seen a doctor yet because it's kinda awkward, so I wanted to get an idea of the problem online first.

Thanks

The human body is a strange thing one day you can eat a grape and the next day you can be allergic to them. What I am getting at is this lotion may be the cause of it try a different brand something less oily perhaps or maybe try not to use lotion at all. Also the reason the itching goes away after you masturbate is because you applied lotion to the dry skin. The reason it itches more erect than it does flacid is because the skin expands when hard which can cause the dry skin to crack which in turn causes itching.

Try this:
Buy new bodywash/ soap including shampoo.
Try using baby body was on your penis to clean it while in shower and possible baby oil to soften skin and reduces dryness.

: The dry, itchy skin is most likely due to irritation, either from the masturbation itself or from the lotion you are using – even your soap or shampoo could cause this effect. Dry, itchy penis skin related to masturbation can benefit from the use of a moisturizing penis vitamin crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) that provides penis-specific nutrients to hydrate the penile skin and help maintain its natural moisture.

hey man I have the sam problem. Its when am hard in the middle of the night or early morning. I am trying not to masturbate. but that seems to be the only way to get rid of the itching on the top and inside of the penis. Help anyone.

Dry skin sucks, especially in the nether region. Have you tried a penis lotion like Man1 Man Oil? It has a combination of Shea butter and vitamin E, and a consistency that won't likely clog pores like straight-up Shea or vitamin E. And doctors are there to deal with any medical concerns, including chronic dry skin on the penis. You might be having a reaction to something and they might be able to help you figure out what!

My five year old son is having the same problem. I'm stressed. When he is erect he is severly itchy on his penis. I was yold could be eczema or male yeast. Right now I'm treating him as per doctor with diaper rash yeast infection cream and reduced his sugar intake. Have you guys found a solution? Please reply to ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private e-mails is not allowed*** *** all questions should be discussed on our website *** Please read our Terms of Use Thank you.