My penis has had some dry skin on the bottom of the shaft from the base to the skin right before the head. It is really irritated and itchy, but it is not red, and there are no bumps or discharges. At first I thought that it was too dry from masturbation, so I applied lotion. This did not help the itch, but the dry skin went away as long as I did not touch my penis. Appearance-wise, it looks completely normal, but if I just rub the skin a little bit it will start to peel. If I were to masturbate, the next day the skin will start to peel a lot.

For about a day, a small portion of the head of my penis next to the bottom of the shaft turned red. I put some lotion on it and it went away the next day. It has not come back.

I read around, and decided to use A&D lotion. It took away the itch, but again, when I rub the skin a bit the skin starts to peel away again. If I were to masturbate, the same thing, the skin the next day would be peeling a lot.

The skin just gets really irritated if I mess with it, and super itchy, especially when I come out of the shower after cleaning it. I am using Dove bar soap, unscented, and have been using it my whole life, and I always thoroughly clean my penis. I am uncircumcised. This has been going on for about 5 months now, and I'm starting to get scared. I'm assuming there's no chance of STD because I am still a virgin.

I have thought about using a cortisone cream or an antifungal cream, but I have no idea which ones are safe to use on my penis. I would much rather not go to the doctor, but if I have to, would a general practitioner suffice or do I need to ask for a specialist such as a dermatologist or a urologist?

If this could probably be solved pretty easily with a cortisone or antifungal cream, could someone make a suggestion as to which one(s) I should purchase?

If I am being unclear on anything, or if there are any questions on my case, I would be more than glad to answer.

Thank you for all of your help.

Hi! One of the most common causes of the symptoms you are describing is a penis yeast infection. You need to see a dermatologist before using a cortisone cream or an anti-fungal cream. You'll find some similar stories here https://www.steadyhealth.com/Dry__itchy_genitals_w__dry__red_head_of_penis_and_foreskin_t101009.html

It’s always best to see a doctor for any unusual penis skin condition; however, it sounds like you could have a yeast infection. Topical creams like monistat (used for female yeast infection) can work for men, too, and these are available over the counter. In addition, you can help to keep the skin healthy through use of a penis vitamin crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) that contains nutrients to help soften and hydrate the penile tissue while boosting resistance to disease.

It's good to only use products made for the penis on the penis. Others might be too harsh. Man1 Man Oil has Shea butter and vitamin E -- very skin-friendly.

Use a penis health creme brother. These are much better than regular creams because they are made specifically for penis skin. Get a creme containing Vitamins A, E and D and you should see a big improvement in the overall health of your penis within a few days. Good luck.