Hi, I have sex with my girlfriend maybe 1-3 times a week without protection or lube. Up until recently(2 weeks ago) I've had no problems, but now the skin on the underside of my penis is dry, white and flaky. After a shower, masturbation or sex the flaky skin goes away and I can see that the skin is red. Sometimes it itches or feels irritated but I can't really tell until I think about it. The rest of my penis looks normal though. Also it seems like there is a sort of... red 'v' shaped streak starting just below the head and tip of the foreskin that goes down to my scrotum. Help would be appreciated, I can't really afford to go see a doctor.

i have the same streak that is about a half an itch wide when it starts down by the scrotum then gets thinner as it stops about a half an inch from the head.its very sensitive

i have the same thing that ive been very curious about..if you would post a picture id appreciate it

Anyone find anything out? I seem to have the same thing, 2.5% hydrocortisone seemed to help somewhat, but not completely. Doctor said he thinks it might be some sort of irritation or psoriasis. If anyone found anything out, please post!

did any of you find out what this is? i seem to have the same thing and my dr. prescribed 2.5% hydracortisone cream and it seemed to work somewhat, but it still isn't gone! any insight is appreciated.

i have a red streak starting about an inch below my head running in a V shaped pattern all the way down to my scrotum. It is very itchy at times. Ive been to the dermatologist twice receiving 2.5% hydrocortisone the first time which did nothing with topicort desoximetasone the second which has relieved some itching. If anybody has the same thing please post so we can help each other out. Thank you

I have the same thing. I've been fighting it for a year now. Ive tried hydrocortisone 2.5% for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off (using petroleum jelly on the 2 weeks off), which relieved it slightly. Unfortunately I still haven't figured it out... I even had a biopsy and the only thing reported was minor hemmoraghing, but my doctor believes that the hemmoraghing only happened because he stuck me with numbing medicine which left some bruising. So that's good news at least.

It appears to be some form of irritation, so it needs some time to heal. Unfortunately it's hard to heal skin in an area where the skin is constantly stretching and rubbing against the side of your underwear. This is such on ongoing and demoralizing problem that I am considering wearing a cup for awhile to try and reduce friction in that area just to see if that helps. Best of luck to everyone, and if someone figures out how to cure this post it!

I was facing a very similar problem, and I think I found a solution for me. In my search for help, I came along this thread so I thought I'd post what worked for me. 

Let me start by describing my condition. For a year or two, I would masturbate by basically humping the bed. This left me with a dark line on the underside of my penis. This wasn't too much of a problem as it wasn't painful. Then things gradually got worse. The dark line became bright red and started getting painful. I thought that it was just due to my masturbation technique, so I stopped humping my bed and instead switched to masturbating lying on my back, and hoped that my penis would heal. Going more in depth into my condition, the underside of my penis was red and sticky to the touch. This became a little bit better when I was erect, but I could see tons of small veins near the surface of the skin. The glans (head) seemed completely unaffected. I cut back on sex, masturbating, and even attempted to stop having sex/masturbating for an entire month. I tried a ton of creams, powders, and I even considered buying ointments from people posting in forums when they were just trying to cleverly disguise an advertisement. My advice requires you to purchase nothing.

A few days ago, things became substantially worse. The affected area seemed to be growing and I even noticed that it had appeared to spread to my scrotum. It was then that I knew this had to be something more than just irritation from masturbation or sex. Coincidentally I was considering discontinuing a long term antibiotic (Minocycline for acne) I had been on for a while (~2 years) at the advice of my dermatologist (and yes, I kept this problem secret from my dermatologist because I was embarrassed), so I was looking into the risks of long-term antibiotics. I found that long-term antibiotic use can increase your risk for infection, and I looked up the side-effects for Minocycline and found that irritated genitals were indeed a possible side-effect.

I don't know whether I was just experiencing a side-effect of the Minocycline, or whether I had a fungal infection. I was unaware that men could even get yeast infections, and when I found pictures on Google Image Search, what I saw was significantly more extreme than what I had. This seems to be true of most Google Image Searches on illnesses though…

Anyway, the chance that the Minocycline could be causing my penis irritation was enough to get me to stop taking it. (Disclaimer: never stop taking medicine without the advice of a doctor. My dermatologist had already suggested that I discontinue it, so I felt comfortable discontinuing it.) Also, to improve things if it WAS a fungal infection, I found some advice online (not the most reputable, and possibly a wive's tale) that suggested applying diluted vinegar to the irritated area. Again, my recommendation would be to go to a dermatologist and bring up any long-term antibiotics you're taking. I applied the diluted white vinegar to the underside of my penis and it burned horribly. I assume this meant it was working, but do this at your own risk. Trust me, it hurt, and if you've got a different problem than I had, you could be doing more damage. I've been repeating this every other night, gradually diluting the vinegar more and more. I've also been washing the area with gentle Cetaphil, though this isn't as necessary.

After both discontinuing the antibiotic and applying the diluted vinegar, my penis seems to be doing much better. There was a literal overnight transformation! There's still a small pink area (possibly still from my poor masturbation habits), but things are so much better. The skin is no longer sticky to the touch and I the redness is gone.

I hope this helps anyone with this embarrassing problem! Good luck!

While penile redness can evoke worry, this symptom is usually of origin that can be easily treated, such as aggressive sexual activity, environmental allergies and irritants, lack of lubrication, or dehydration.  A varied mix of nutrients, including Vitamin E, Shea Butter, and Acetyl-L-Carnatine may provide relief by restoring natural moisture to the penis and soothing its irritated skin.  Penis creams and moisturizers ((most medical experts recommend Man 1 Man Oil) that contain special nutrients may alleviate soreness and dryness. Best of luck to you! 

HI ALL. Quick reply from me. I FOUND A MIRACLE CURE (for myself at least)

PUMPKIN SEED OR MANGO SEED BUTTER. PERIOD.

This cleared it up for me in no time. I use it when masterbating and I get NO irritation whatsoever. Look into these amazing products my friends, the benefits are incredible. Ive had the same issue over the past year or two and nothing helped until I came across the butters. Its so simple, cheap and natural. THANK GOD I CAN GO BACK TO MY OLD SEXUALLY CRAZY SELF ! LOL :)

Man1 Man Oil is a good way to go to moisturize the penis. Don't go putting other stuff not made for the penis on it. You need hydration, and Shea butter and vitamin E can do the trick.

It's always good to get tested for different types of infections when you're unsure. But if it's just dry skin, maybe start using a moisturizer after showering. Man1 Man Oil has Shea butter and vitamin E in it, both very good for skin.

!!CURE!! I used african shea butter. Mines was right under the tip there the triangle part of the mushroom begins. Dry friction plus standard pre cum and urine caused itchy irritation. Sleeping at night always adds to it because of normal mid night & morning erections that causes percum. Other than your eyeball this is the thinnest & most sensitive skin on your body as a guy. If u use a sock to masturbate this will really cause it. Sorry if this is to much for some but if ya are std free like me stuff like this freaks ya out lol.

You need a penis health creme.  These totally work.  Unlike any other product out there, they are made just for the penis skin.  They treat all sorts of minor penis skin irritations.  You should check them out. 

I think must be natural if soo many men seem to have it.