Especially when erect the Glans of my penis is extremely dry and appears flaky-like (Tiny flakes). It looks exactly like after when you had mild sunburn and the skin then starts to flake every so slightly without the redness. I have "moisturised" my glans with Petroleum jelly, Tissue Oil, but the problem remains. I hardly if ever use public toilets, only once had to and wondered if I’d contracted an STD? I'm not sexually active but I cannot get rid of the flakiness. It seems to get worse and worse, but can not understand it since I am not sexually active. I felt itchiness in the beginning but it has disappeared now (most probably because I’m moisturising it now) I wonder if I perhaps do not have some kind of fungus infection? It is like this for six months now.
I went to the doctor who prescribed a cream for fungal infections (The same as for women) but the problem remains. I'm very hygienic. I am extremely shy and just cannot go back to the doctor. Any help, please!

Fungal infections are not serious, but they are notoriously difficult to get rid of. Your symptoms do sound like a fungal infection – did you use the medication your doctor gave you for the full recommended length of time? You can actually use an over-the-counter antifungal like monistat or canestin, as well. Another possibility is that you have a sensitivity to a product you are using – soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, etc. You might try changing these to hypoallergenic varieties and see if that helps. Some men find that using a penis vitamin crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man  Oil) provides relief for dry, flaking skin where other, more generalized products do not.

Good luck to you!

i have this too.. i'm nervous to tell my mum to take me to the doctor... although i'm not worried but i get a little obsessed with pulling my foreskin back & it kinda scares the fudge outta me because off all the dryness help?