I've had what I thought was jock itch for about a year. It was never that serious, in my opinion, but when I moved from Phoenix, AZ. to Des Moines, Iowa The itching under my genitals intensified and my foreskin and head of penis started to dry out. I began applying anti-fungal cream to the affected areas. I first started applying the cream to my genitals. I did that for two weeks as perscribed. My genitals continued to itch but not as bad as before. Then I noticed that my foreskin and head of penis was still dry but began turn red and the dry skin on my foreskin began to crack. That's when I started applying the anti-fungal cream to my foreskin and to the base of the head. The cream seems to take care of the dryness for the most part but I still get split skin under the head(where foreskin meets head) and the redness has increased on the underside of the head(from the pee hole down). I have also developed an odor from my genitals(I assume it's from the cream) even though I make sure that my entire genital area is completly dry after showers. It has been almost 2 months since I've been back in Iowa and this problem started shortly after I arrived. I have not engaged in sex since I arrived in Iowa. This is starting to concern me and I would appriciate any advice.

You should get evaluated by a dermatologist to see if you have genital psoriasis.

The symptoms are exactly as you described, symptoms usually present in the late teens or twenties and the treatment is a topical cream.

I had this too.
I did some reading, figured out I had either a yeast infection, or thrush.
I fixed it, but Im not sure what step was the one that really helped.

First, I stocked up on pills, garlic, vitamin E, and echinacea.
Id take about 4 vitamin e, about 20 garlic, and 2 echinacea.
At night before going to sleep, Id break open a vitamin e pill, and apply it to the areas that were itchy, or dry.

First, washed it in vinegar, which, didnt feel all that good, as I had cracked skin. This helps for thrush from what I remember.
I did that about twice a day for two days. Let the area air dry.
Then used peroxide twice a day for two days, air drying.

But it sounds like you have a yeast infection.

I bet that it gets worse if you drink a lot of alcohol, or eat too much bread, stuff with yeast in it.

Something like monostat might fix the outside, but you will likely get it again if you dont fix what youre eating.
Tea Tree Oil (I think is the name) helps, and will be soothing as well.

The next thing I was about to do, is use collodial silver, apply to effected areas, take two drops in some juice in the morning.
But my symptoms are almost all cleared up.
The head of my penis was almost 50% covered in a red, sensitive skin, it would dry out, and peel, which lead to more red skin.

But thats my story.
Dont be afraid to get it checked out, its usually not as bad as you think it is.
Hope this helps someone.

eatin stuff with yeast doesnt cause yeast infections or make them worse seriously thats just a misconception alot of people have and they post that stuff online. i wud know cause im doing med school believe me eating things wit yeast wont cause or make yeast infections worse idk bout that alcohol thing though. i know for girls the chnge in ph in her vagina cud cause it so maybe for girls that wud cause it idk about guys havent studied that yet

I would shoot myself in the scrotum if you were my doctor. I understand they can't sign their names legibly, but I've always assumed they needed to have a command of English in order to pass med school. Or, perhaps you fall into the category of surgeon, host to such brilliance as "The Todd".

OT: I would probably go see a doctor if at all possible. If it has been going on for months to a year and none of the treatments you have tried have made it go away, a doctor might be able to help you find something to alleviate it.

hi, i have sorta the same symptonms u all describe but a bit differrent. i think it all started when i shaved my puibs with my eletric razor so that mite off caused it. its been about a week now and ive still got itchy and dry skin, however underneath my penis it seems to have mosture,also inside my fore skin there is mosture. ive been putting sorbolene cream on it every day like nearly 4 times a day and its doin f**k all. it wakes me up in the middle of the nite. i get up in the moroning and its still dry even when i applied sorbolene to it the nite befor. some tell me what this is im stressing out

Sounds like the same problem I had. I have the cure!!! I tryed Lamisil, cortisones and all of that stuff, but what ever this infection is, the only thing that fixed it for me was my baby's ointment for diaper rash. Yes! I got it at the dollar store and it is called Vitamins A&D ointment for diaper rash. It is not expensive, but personally I think it was priceless for me. It did not take long at all to cure the problem. Hope this helps you out.

please try sugar test. I had the same problem. My blood sugar level was 350. After controlling the sugar level to below 180, there is no foreskin crack.

Can someone help Im  12 and my skin below the head is a little red it doesnt hurt or itch but its red Can someone help me?

Did you rub it too hard while masturbating or stretch it too tight?

Are you circumcised?

hey guys im 12 too and experiencing the same symptoms but it semmed to have spread down to my gentials. im a little worried and it semmed to have started one day after i "pleasured" myself. ive been aplying lotion almost every day with no effect. help please

I have had the same problem I've tried the vinegar but I'll warn y'all it burns like hell where the skin is cracked open the a&d ointment is the best way to go if it doesn't get any better within a week seek out a dermatologist for advice

I went to my doctor and he said it was irritation. He did a urine test to check for infections but didn't have any. He prescribed pyridium since it was irritated so I didn't feel burning when peeing. And prescribed lotrisone cream. The lotrisone cream has helped me a lot my penis cleared up a lot. I still have a little bit of irritation but its not as bad as it was before. I'm going to try the vitamins A&D ointment to keep it soothed. Ill post if it works.

Aggressive masturbation or intercourse, dermatitis, psoriasis, and fungal infections can cause a red penis.  Dryness can result from lack of lubrication or healing nutrients, allergies, and harsh soap or sex.  Shea Butter is a multi-faceted extract

that heals cracked, red, and itchy penile skin. Using a topical penis moisturizer or cream infused with Shea Butter can heal the penis and prevent future irritation (most experts recommend Man 1 Man Oil). Good luck!     

Many causes for penile redness exist, including non-lubricated sexual stimulation, bad hygiene, allergies, fungal infections, or balantis, a condition that can result in redness, irritating the penis head.  Fortunately, a red penis can be treated by incorporating Vitamin A, B5, C, and E into your health regimen, which moisturize and repair raw penile skin. Using a topical vitamin rich moisturizer can alleviate penis irritation (Man 1 Man Oil is recommended by many health professionals).  Best of luck!