Hey guys, first post. I have multiple red spots on the shaft and the bottom of the head of my penis. These spots are small, flat, light red, shinyish, and have a dry appearance. Sometimes it flakes skin. Sometimes it gets itchy and every now and then, it almost feels like a burning sensation.

Let me make the following clear:

-I am circumsized
-I do not have an STD.
-I have not had sex in 2 months, so that rules out irritation to a condom or an irritation to friction.
-It has nothing to do with lubrication issues as I always use lubrication when having sex or when I masturbate.
-I do not have any discharge or anything like that.
-I practice good hygiene. I change my underwear frequently, I shower almost everyday, and I dry myself well in that region and use powder (it's not jock itch).

Sometimes I wonder if it's a reaction to baby powder.

I do suffer from psoriasis, but I do not have any psoriasis on my skin. What I have on my penis I believe not to be psoriasis as it is not scaly.

I would really prefer not to have to go to a dermatologist for now. I'm just wondering if there's maybe an over the counter cream that I could try before I go to a dermatologist.

Any ideas what I might have? I would really like to get my penis back to a normal appearance and have no more discomfort. Thanks for the help.

I'm having the same issue

NewYorkDude2 wrote:

Hey guys, first post. I have multiple red spots on the shaft and the bottom of the head of my penis. These spots are small, flat, light red, shinyish, and have a dry appearance. Sometimes it flakes skin. Sometimes it gets itchy and every now and then, it almost feels like a burning sensation. Let me make the following clear: -I am circumsized -I do not have an STD. -I have not had sex in 2 months, so that rules out irritation to a condom or an irritation to friction. -It has nothing to do with lubrication issues as I always use lubrication when having sex or when I masturbate. -I do not have any discharge or anything like that. -I practice good hygiene. I change my underwear frequently, I shower almost everyday, and I dry myself well in that region and use powder (it's not jock itch). Sometimes I wonder if it's a reaction to baby powder. I do suffer from psoriasis, but I do not have any psoriasis on my skin. What I have on my penis I believe not to be psoriasis as it is not scaly. I would really prefer not to have to go to a dermatologist for now. I'm just wondering if there's maybe an over the counter cream that I could try before I go to a dermatologist. Any ideas what I might have? I would really like to get my penis back to a normal appearance and have no more discomfort. Thanks for the help.

Red, itchy spots on the penis can be caused by a fungal infection, rough sex, dermatitis, or psoriasis, a skin disorder that causes flakiness and redness. The extract Shea Butter can help eliminate penile redness and irritation, as well as improving the penis’ appearance. Applying a topical penis crème or moisturizer with Shea Butter can help (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). Best of luck to you!