Could someone PLZ help in any way possible. the skin on the top of my foreskin is continuously dry. i am a virgin, 18 yrs old, and its really worrying me. i shower everyday in the morning and i scrub my penis with a soapy sponge. afterwards the flaky skin disappears and it looks generally normal but the skin still remains dry and isnt aselasticy like the rest of my penis skin. but sometimes later during the day the skin starts peeling and theres flaky bits which i can scratch off. when i get an erection, since its dry, i sometimes get tiny cuts as a result.

can someone plz help me. im desperate and im too embarrased to go see a doctor. is this common? is it an infection? can i just put moisteriser on it or something? i'd really appreciate any help

Did you ever got an answer for your problem? I think I have the same problem for the past couple of weeks....

monistat has a skin protectent for chaffed skin. I know it sucks, but apply this only to the dry skin part of your penis and you will be fine. I had the same problem, searched everywhere for something that would work, and this is the only thing. This is truly a life saver.

If this problem persists you should consult your doctor, it's possible that he could give you medication to correct the problem. Don't be embarassed about talking to him about it, youwill not have been the first person he has treated for this condition. If it were me I would request a partial circumcision, that would eliminate the problem area and still retain most of your foreskin, the persistant dry erea would be a thing of the past. I had a partial circ done about your age and have been very happy with the results. There are pros and cons regarding cut and uncut, I have achieved the best of both styles.

Mr. halfclip

Hi, I have a similar problem but I already had my circumsition since I was a newborn. I get the dryness on my "tip" or gland I'm not sure if that's how it's called, And it's pretty dry and sort of wrinkles with some red spots on it.

I have very good hygene and am to my knowledge STD's free, I've gotten the tests done and I don't mess around, just a steady partner. Could it be the same problem we're talking here? Is the "monistat" I should get the same women use for yeast infections and all that stuff?

Hope anyone can help, Thanks!

i have the same problems and it is really worrying me. I am also too embarrassed to tell anyone. i'm only 15 but it is possible to go to the local chemist and buy some medicine or cream to solve the problem

Its Just dry skin, use mositurizer.

It might be a yeast infection.

Iv got the same problem with the dry skin and trust me regular lotion does not work, well it didnt for me. I too am only 15 and I dont want to have to go to the doctor but it is really starting to piss me off.

I have what sounds the same.

I recommend not using soap as this dries it more.

I use Oilatum bath formula, i soak in this for 15 mins a morning before work, then put moisturiser on.

i have extreme excema, but this keeps it at bay by about 99.5%, just have to keep doing it.

i use betnovate too, i put it on problem areas whether i have excema or not in that area and it prevents any flare ups.

i reccomend a good geacy moisturiser, the best i have ever known is superdrugs "dry skin relief" (in the UK), best i have ever known.

thanks

make sure your foreskin (if you have any) is always covering you glans (penis head) it acts as a sort of self moisturiser.

I had what sounds like exactly the same thing.

I had it for weeks, but then read this site and tried this:

1) Had a wash in the bath
2) Still in the bath, used toilet tissue and Dettol (UK antiseptic/disinfectant) to dab rolled back foreskin
3) Continued until it started to sting (for about 1 min)
4) Then rinsed in the bath water, submerged in the bath until some time after the stinging stopped

I did this for three consecutive mornings and now it looks 100% gone.

This was only last week when I tried this, so i will keep you posted to see if its got rid of it.

Its good to do it in the bath after you wash as it wont get Dettol in your hair etc, and its good to completely submerge it after applying the Dettol, as the bath water washes it off without rubbing/touching it.

I could only assume it was bacterially infected and the Dettol wiped the bacteria out.

TCP is a similar liquid, if you can’t get Dettol where you are.

I hope this helps.

umm hey i dun know wat to do either i noticed last night and its not the tip but the rest of my penis im 14 and im concerned wat do i do im a virgin in all ways and im circumcised plz help

I just wanted to make sure that I have the Same problem as everyone here. Is your penis kind of wrinkly when its not erect. And there seems to be dried skin from the top of the head all the way down the base?? I have only noticed this several days ago and attempted to scrub off the skin. Some has come off easily but especially the penis head and toppart of shaft is not budging. Ive read all comments above and try all creams and oils recommended.

It seems to me that you have the EXACT same problem as me. I wish I knew how to solve it XD. Anybody have any solutions that are likely to work? Besides going to the doctor?