I've never written one of these posts, but I figured I would. For the past 2 weeks or so, I noticed that on the area around my vagina, it has become reddened and itchy. About one week ago, it was extremely itchy, and due to scratching, became reddened and swelled. However, the itching only occurs when I move around. I am sexually active, but have had the same partner for about 6 months. I am on birth control, so we do not use condoms except when necessary.

I have no discharge, and it doesn't hurt when I urinate (only burning where the iritation is outside the vagina. There is a slight itchy feeling in the vagina, but it is not serious. I am almost positive it is not an STD (we've been exclusive for 6 months), but perhaps it is from a large amount of sex in a short period of time, or recreational use of a condom, causing the iritation.

I did some research. Perhaps it could be Vaginitis. I have no idea. Any suggestions?

I would go to the doctor and get a pap test to rule out a yeast infection or vaginitis. I have had both.

Vaginitis has a distinct smell to it.

A few of the yeast infections I have had have caused my skin to swell surrounding my vagina, and including my labia. So, it may possibly be that.

Vaginitis is not a yeast infection, but an infection on the outside of the vagina. Yeast infection with a smell is a bacterial infection, which is an infection in the inside of the vagina. Vaginitis is caused when you have a reaction to something or it can also be hormonal. I had a reaction to wipes. So I ended up taking antihistamine for the allergic reaction and epsom salt baths releave my soreness because of the itching. After getting wet, you need to make sure that you are completely dry. You may need to air dry. Keeping it wet can cause you to itch. Hope that this helps.

Dear Ladies,

If it's just dryness of the skin, redness and peeling you can heal your skin overnight by applying lanolin oil. It's absolutely amazing!it is nomally recommended for extremely dry nipples during breastfeeding.

were can you get the oil from