A few days ago, my vagina was itchy and I think I scratched it too hard because it became raw and sensitive and there were red-ish stuff underneath my fingernails. the next day my boyfriend fingered me and there was blood, quite a lot in fact. it looked as though I had my period. however, I already had my period this month. I suspected its because my vagina was raw from the scratching and the fingering made it bleed. today, I realized that the areas where I scratched had formed dry skins/scar-like stuff. I'm seeking opinion as to if it is just dry skin or something else. would appreciate help, thank you!!

Health Guru
The vaginal itching could indicate possibility of vaginal infection and should not be ignored. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination and vaginal swab/smear test to identify the causative agent. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. 
Take care