I am concerned about excessively dry skin on the exterior of vagina. The inside of labia is normal with no dryness, redness or sores. The outside skin is dry to the point of peeling though. There is some itching on the outside when it starts peeling, but not uncontrollable, like regular dry skin itch.
What can this be and what measures can be instituted to rectify it.

I've been experiencing the exact same thing the last couple of days. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have been too, and i haven't been sexually active so i don't think it could be an sti or std. did either of you find out what the cause is?

I think if you are experiencing extreme dryness that it could simply be the weather in your area. That is one possible explanation. The other is that it is possible that you are suffering from a yeast infection as the symptoms you described can be quite similar. I hope that you are not suffering from itchy skin any longer, but if you are, see a doctor about it. Keep us posted!

NO WEATHER IS GOING TO GIVE YOU OUTSIDE SKIN DRYNESS there............and its not always a yeast infection..ask a pharmacist.