I'm 14 and for a while now I have been having discharge sometimes watery and doesn't smell but sometimes it's thick white and lumpy which smells (but never like fish). Recently my Vagina has become very itchy (The itching started after I had sex with a guy without protection and he most likely gave me an STI/STD) and the skin around my labia is dry and peeling off, this has started to spread down my right leg a little bit. This leaves my labia red and burning when anything touches it, it’s very painful. It has been like this for about two months now..

It would be helpful is anybody could tell me what’s wrong? thank you.

Health Guru
Hi, it sounds very much like you have a very bad yeast infection. It has nothing to do with having sex so don't worry, I would Google yeast infection or thrush (both the same thing) and see if your symptoms match what they say then ask your mum to get you something for it.
There are some home remedies you can use to just to help relieve the burning and itching. :-)

I will paste a posting I did on similar symptoms. CAUTION yourself, this may or may not be what is ailing you.

I KNOW WHAT IT IS! I first visited this page a few weeks ago searching for answers. I recently got married and you could not imagine the depression (especially after waiting for our wedding night) that loomed over me because I felt like....to be blunt... I had a gross vagina. I always made genital health a priority and it seemed the more I kept myself clean, the worse the problem got. At my breaking point, (keep in mind I am african american- thus brown skinned) the skin in the crease of my bikini line, the entire vulva, my perineum, and my butt crack were bright pink, raw, cracked, and bleeding. yet still itchy. I saw 3 gynecologists, 2 dermatologists, and 1 primary care physician. All of whom diagnosed me with lichen simplex and then lichen simplex chronicus. Imagine my relief (the first time!) I then started a laundry list of creams and ointments that just made it worse in some way or another. The list includes: Lidocaine solution, Desitin, Rx strength hydrocortisone, triamcinolone acetonide, Miconozole cream 2% and 200mg capsules, Clobetasol Propionate ointment and the cream, Sarna lotion that was refrigerated (although scintillating when applied to the problem area, i wanted relief not pleasure), Triple Antibiotic ointment, estrace cream, clotrimazole Betamethasone cream, domoboro soaks, and lastly nyastatin powder. Believe it or not, the best one out of all of these was the powder. I was just about to give up when I broke down to a very close friend who happens to be a primary care physican (He is 31 years old, for those who care) while getting dressed up for my new bridegroom I told my friend about the problem and was looking for something to emotionally prepare me for the coming night. I wanted to tear down walls when he GLANCED at my problem area, shrugs his shoulders and says......"ok, so you have jock itch. It's not the end of the world."Yes ladies. It was JOCK ITCH! Unfortunately it was too late to save my honeymoon. However I went to Walmart, purchased Bacitracin and a few different jock itch treatments and started immediately. In two days the symptoms had relieved themselves and the only issue remaining was this feeling like I had cuts in my pubic hair area right at the hood of my clitoris. PAINFUL!!!! It just wouldnt go away. Finally, after babying it, I couldnt take it anymore. I had to get a closer look. Against better judgement I used an ELECTRIC razor (it left very short stubble which I wanted. Last thing I needed was to nick the skin or get razor bumps). Once completely bald, I hopped in the shower, washed the area well (it burned) washed with summers eve vaginal shower wash (burned a little too), got out, dried off, and then applied straight bacitracin to the ENTIRE pubic area. I suggest if you are going to try this, right before you do it, take a deep breath and remind yourself of all the sleepless painful itchy nights. Why? Because it burned like I was exorcising the devil out of my clitoris! After about 5-10 second, it stops burning and I go to bed. Since then, I have used the Tinactin (jock itch spray on powder) from time to time. I am happy to say I have not touched an antifungal product in two weeks. All signs of the problem are gone. ALSO my skin is back to normal. If you are worried about scarring, it didn't happen to me.

I had sleepless nights and embarrassing days for TWO years fighting this damn LICHEN SIMPLEX (which just means dry skin FYI) when all I needed was some jock itch cream.

Ladies, I wish you all the best of luck. This ordeal was EXTREMELY horrifying and that is why I decided to post here. I have never posted anything on a message board so I dont know how it works. If you have questions about what I went through and how the problem got resolved, please don't be shy to ask.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Health Guru
hi, please read the terms and conditions on the website and don't post email addresses please. Thank you :-)