I am 19 and I have been having headaches for as long as I can remember. Recently, though they have become much worse. I was out to eat with a friend when I had an episode where half of my body went numb or was tingling. I couldn't read or control my movements properly. I couldn't talk, I was replacing words with other words that didn't make sense. For example, I was trying to say "I need to go to the bathroom", but it came out "I need to go to the museum". My parents took me to the ER, where I did a CT scan which came back normal. They then said that I had, had complicated migrain. After that I went to my regular doctor and he prescribed some medication for my headaches that did not work, he couldn't quite figure out what to do. Ever since that episode I have not been quite the same. I stammer now, which I never had when I was a child or even up to that point. I can look at an object and not be able to tell you what it is, keep in mind this doesn't happen 10 times a day or anything, but it does happen. I actually looked at a word and couldn't read it and it was a simple word. I have problems reading now, the words seem to just run together and I have a hard time seperating them in my mind and having them register. I sometimes get these sharp pains right by my temple, mostly on my right side. I am tired throughout the day and just not in good shape all around. I woud love to hear if anyone knows what it might be! Thank you!

I can't believe the doctors you saw didn't look any further than they did, not with the symptoms you are expressing.

Go see a neurologist. This sounds too serious to be ignored.

Thank you for the advice and I am going to see a neurologist soon. I hope its nothing too serious..what could it be??

I honestly don't know what it is. Some of the symptoms are similar to what a stroke victim would experience. They are also sometimes seen with brain tumor involvement.

Please don't let what I just said alarm you. Be concerned, certainly. As I suggested, get the opinion of a neurologist. He should be able to figure out what is causing your symptoms.

Best of luck to you and think positive. I know I'll be thinking positive for you as well.

This happened to me too. Except I also have a lot of dizziness. I have a great memory (photographic), but since sometime last year I have been forgetting a lot of things, I stammer, I forget words, I replace words in my speech. Like at my mom's dinner party, someone asked me what some appetizer was that I was handing out and it was crabcakes and I tried to say that but it came out as cabbage, I tried again and I could only say cabbage. It's been happening since I was 19 too, and it just keeps getting worse, but I haven't gone to the doctor or anything to see what it is, too expensive.

Forgot to mention something, I also have problems reading things like you do, I thought maybe it was dyslexia because my mom is dyslexic but you have so many of the same symptoms, maybe it isn't. When I start becoming forgetful or dizzy or stammering, my eyes can't focus on anything and it's really hard to read or see. This happens to me at least once a day, which is really annoying.

Well hopefully we can both figure this out so we can both stop all of this! My stammering is just getting worse and worse, and my memory. I am going to the neurologist soon, but I'm afraid they won't find anything and this is just the way I will be. I don't want them to find anything serious, but at least if it were something, they could treat it and I could go on living without the embarassment. Good luck to you!

Hello there. I went through something similar in late 2006 through 2007. I stopped reading books because I couldn’t remember the beginning of the book and I mean 40 pages into it I would just forget the beginning. My math skills were horrible, I couldn’t add anything more than 2 digit numbers in my head. Never mind that I was a commercial real estate appraiser, crunched numbers for a living and have an MBA in finance. Math just eluded me for well over a year. Another odd symptom I had and continue to have is my mind just goes blank. I mean nothing, not a single thought, just a blank slate. I know that a Yogi would love to have this ability but for me it is very unsettling. I used to think about problems for days and I had a great memory. However, I do know the root cause of my problems. I have MS and it used to seriously affect my cognitive function and many of my physical abilities as well. I did a ton of research on the disease and I made one change in my life and most of my symptoms went away within 3 weeks. I stopped drinking Diet Dr. Pepper. It seems that the Aspartame in diet products can precipitate MS. It can also cause a multitude of other problems. Before anyone out there says that there is not proof, no hard evidence that this Aspartame can do this, I am merely stating my experience. There have been studies done that show it is some bad stuff and no one should consume it. There have also been several neurologists that have come out and say that it will screw up your brain. Anyway, if you are using this stuff, I would stop for a few weeks and see what happens. It is in over 6,000 different products so you have to read the labels on everything you eat, drink or chew. I hope it all works out for you.

I have been having very similar problems. The entire left side goes numb without head pain and I can never seem to remember anything. This includes the names of my roommates and nouns of anysort. I think that I did something and then find out that what I did was all wrong or numbers were inverted. I was always very quick before and this is so very frusterating. Does anyone what this is? I was told that it was only migraines. I was told that they were typical.
I have episodes of numbness and shaking when I am very stressed out by my bad memory and clumsiness is constant. I think that the problem is all in my head. I think that I am just immensly stressed out. Is this a silly idea or can stress really cause all of these symptoms?

Have your B12 level checked - it can cause confusion with using and writing the wrong words, blanking out, clumbsiness, and a lot more.

Bro i wanted to know wthr nythng helpd u...i too m suffering from same tngs...:(

hello bro...i wantd to knw wthr nythng helpd u to get out of these thngs...i too m sufferring from same thng:(

Did you ever find out whats the matter. I have been having the same problem, however I have nosebleeds also. I had a cat scan and was told it was also normal. I don't know what to do.

hi im haven the same lost all feeling down my right side since then getting pain in back of head and get very forget full even to forgot my adress when on the phone 2 days ago also find my words comen out wrong and a little stuttering and dont feel my confident slef feel nervous and a little jumpy seeing neuroligist on wednesday fingers crossed nothink serious

hi.... well im having the same issues, horrible headaches, nosebleeds, random sharp pains in my neck and back of my head and forgetfullness... a few months i had a really bad migrain to the point i couldnt tell you what happened that day. my girlfriend kept asking me questions about the day before but to this day i cant rememeber what i did. she told me i said my head hurt so i laid on the couch with her and fell asleep she said while i was asleep my body would twitch alot (kinda like mini convulsions) and when she woke me up and i stood up my nose started gushing blood. she said she took me to bathroom to help clean it up but i was so unbalanced i ahd to sit on the floor.... she says after that ordeal that i layed in bed fell back to sleep and had more mini convulsions  and she said it got to the point that she woke me up again when i awoke my nose started to bleed and i asked her why she was spinning me.. its a scary thing to go through ecspecially being only 20 ive always had migrains but not so frequently and not so severe.... has anyone been to the neurologists yet? what did they tell you ? ive had catscans done but yet they came up clear and the doctors basically say im crazy but in fancier words.. my new doctor reffered me to a neuro but they havent called yet to schedule the appointment ...