Hi, my friend is 16 years old, and I recently realized that he suffers from dyslexia. He never talked about it, because he was embarrassed. However, I would like to help him. Do you know which treatment is effective for this disorder?

Hi, my son suffered from dyslexia. When I realized that, I went to doctor and asked her all about treatment options. She told me that support of friends and family is very important. The dyslectic person shouldn’t be embarrassed of her/is condition, because it would make the treatment difficult. Strong self-image is crucial for a successful treatment. The best treatment includes traditional educational remedial techniques. For improving of reading skills, phonological awareness is very important. It includes breaking words into their basic sound and producing different words by rearranging their sounds. It’s a nice thing that you’re trying to help your friend. The earlier the treatment starts, the better are chances for improvement.