Hello! My sister has a seven years old daughter who really has problems in school. She had problems with reading from the first day of her school but my sister thinks she is just lazy and spoiled. I often argue with my sister regarding her approach to her child but there is little I can do. I would like to check if a child maybe has dyslexia. How to determine if someone has dyslexia?

Hello! Children with dyslexia often reverse letters “b” for “d” and even the whole words. They can’t see similarities and differences in letters and words and they may have problems comprehending rapid instructions. But you can’t determine if the child has dyslexia. Psychologists and other experts are involved in the process of evaluation. Emotional support is very important to every child especially to children with problems, so your sister has to change her attitude.

What if she has trouble reading music notes and books or doing things she would do in her free time?