hello board. now i know a urine test ISN'T going to tell you that you are ectopic, it's only there to determine if you are pregnant. however I was wondering if a urine test would pick up the hormones produced by an ectopic pregnancy ultimately letting you know you are in fact pregnant. I had conflicting info given to me by a clinician at a local pregnancy resource center. I have missed by period by two weeks, the last sex i had was with a condom that slipped. the sex happened on nov. 9, which at this point is 8 1/2 weeks. i have had no additional sex since. so being concerned i went to a local clinic and they performed a urine test. came up negative, however the girl told me well you could still be ectopic and that wouldn't show up on a urine test. i said but it's a pregnancy nonetheless, but she was hell bent on telling me there is no way a urine test could pick up the hcg produced by an ectopic. so, now i'm not sure whether to get a blood test done or not. can any ladies please shed some light? thanks.

Health Guru
hi, you will still be producing the hcg hormone even with an ectopic pregnancy but it may be in lower strength so could be harder to detect, try using a clear blue home test and take it upon waking up with the first pee you take as the hcg will be most concentrated then even for a normal pregnancy, if that fails then ask for a blood test to be done. Have a look on google for other symptoms of ectopic pregnancy just type in ' will a urine test pick up an ectopic pregnancy ' Hope this helps :-)