Hello there. Just like everyone (well, almost everyone) in here I was diagnosed with heart disease as well. My folks are trying to recommend me some diet program, some good healthy way of living but I think that this is not that possible since nothing has helped me. I went to consult my doctor and he told me that I should try to use antioxidant lutein. I don't know anyone who was using it, but I did some research and guess what - I haven't found a thing. I was hoping that you can tell me more about the effects of antioxidant lutein on heart disease. Thank you.

Good day there Lee.

I am glad that you have decide to contact us. Anyway, if your doctor told you that this is a good thing you should definitely listen to him. If you are skeptical about it you should talk to some other doctor as well. Just to hear what he thinks, what is his opinion about this whole situation? I believe that you need to be careful with it just like with everything else. You can find it in a lot of groceries. Lutein is called a carotenoid vitamin. It is related to beta-carotene and vitamin A. Foods rich in lutein include broccoli, spinach, kale, corn, orange pepper, kiwi fruit, grapes, orange juice, zucchini, and squash. Lutein is absorbed best when it is taken with a high-fat meal.

Hey Lee,

I ran across this medicine some time ago, I never had to use it, I just saw some people talking about it on TV. I didn't quite remember what they said so I did a little research myself and apparently I had more success than you did, you might not have tried hard enough.

This medicine is not used as a treatment for heart disease but rather as a prevention, and even for that it is rarely used. It is mostly used as a prevention of eye diseases. Some people also use it for preventing colon cancer, breast cancer, and type 2 diabetes.

Hey guys,

Yes, I remember that my grandma was using it while she was still alive. She was pretty old and she would always say, "Look at me, I'm 80 and I never needed glasses, you should use these pills if you want to be the same", and she would get upset when we declined to use it.

Lutein is one of two major carotenoids found as a color pigment in the human eye (macula and retina). It is thought to function as a light filter, protecting the eye tissues from sunlight damage, and that is why it is used for the prevention of eye diseases.

Hey Lee,

There is insufficient evidence that antioxidant lutein is good for preventing or treating heart diseases. People use it anyway because they think or they heard that it is good, but the reality is a bit different, I'm afraid.

The known things that antioxidant lutein is effective for are an eye disease called age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and Cataracts. 

Although there is not enough evidence that antioxidant lutein is very good at preventing heart disease, it doesn't mean that it is not good for it, it means what it says, not enough evidence. If your doctor suggested it, then you should give it a try.

Hey there. I was reading as well a lot about it but I haven't find something that can be that useful to me. Now, I am reading all your posts and I can tell that they are very helpful but I still have some doubts as well. Again. So I am not quite sure should I use it since I have heard that it is also used for prevention. But I didn't mentioned that I never went to see my doctor to see do I really have some heart problems. So I don't know do I have them or I don't, should I heal it or I should focus on the prevention as well. What to do in this case? Thank you.

Hello everyone. Look, don’t get me wrong but are a little bit irresponsible when it comes about your health. You should see your doctor immediately. You just can't think about preventing or healing heart diseases if you are not sure what is your current condition. I agree with rest of the folks - I also do believe that this is used to prevent heart diseases, not to heal it. But we can't talk with you just now about it, right? You should visit your doctor and ask him about this. And yes, it is usually used to prevent some eyes diseases.