Hello everyone,

My girlfriend wants to start doing everything that is going to help prevent her from getting any heart diseases. Now, I think she is going nuts and all that, but I want to help anyway, I love every single part of her even the fact that I think she is going nuts.

Tell me please how can I help her, what can I recommend to her in order for her to prevent any heart diseases from occurring. I'm sure there's people here who are doing something to prevent heart diseases themselves and maybe these people can help me out with this.

Hey Guest,

Well, leading a healthy life is the best way to prevent yourself from getting any heart diseases and heart conditions.

Eating healthy, maintaining a healthy weight and controlling your diabetes (if you have it), trying to exercise on a daily basis, eating a lot of fruits and basically, eating heart healthy food can help a lot.

Basically, to all the smokers, the starting thing includes leaving cigarettes. This is a must do thing if you want to prevent heart diseases since cigarettes are probably the most common cause of these. You can tell these things to your girlfriend, you won't be wrong.

Hey there. So we had pretty much similar topic in here, and we were talking about good lifestyle habits which of course can help you in preventing any heart disease. It is very important to try to eat healthy food as much as you can. Avoid foods that are high in bad cholesterol and eat fresh fruits and vegetables as much as you can. Also, it is very important to maintain your weight and you should not be overweight because that can affect your health generally. It is very important to be physical active and you should exercise (if you can't or if you don't have a time for it, good walk after ordinary day will be fine). 

Well, for someone who did nothing to prevent the disease it is a bit difficult for me telling someone what he or she needs to do, but I will because I have a duty to tell you what are the best things that you need to do if you want to prevent heart diseases. There are so many things, you just need to work on them and to accomplish them. Here is what you can do:

• you can control your blood pressure and keep it under the control all the time,
  • you should exercise on the daily basis,
  • don’t smoke cigarettes,
  • if you have a diabetes, you need to do anything to keep it under the control,
  • eat a lot of fruits and vegetables,
  • lose your weight if you are overweight.

Good luck!

Okay, listen up. For someone who had problems with his heart and who still feels the consequences of those problems, I can tell you some basics regarding the prevention of heart diseases.

First of all, stop smoking. Those idiotic things are killing people nowadays. That's actually funny, you pay to get cancer or heart problems. Anyway, stop smoking, if you are not a smoker, never try a cigarette. Second, find someone who can tell you exactly what does a "heart healthy diet" mean. Of course, regular exercise is very important, you need to stay in shape, and don't do drugs, please.

You seem very strict there Survivor, I have to say that I like your attitude. And you definitely have a point there, cigarettes are only doing harm and plus we are paying for someone to destroy our bodies, what an irony. 

She better exercise now when she still can, Guest. People with certain heart diseases and heart problems are not allowed to exercise a lot and therefore they fall out of shape. Sometimes, if people with some conditions exercise too much, it can lead to their death so think about it. Exercising is good, healthy and it works as an antidepressant actually.. 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the time you took to help me out here. She got tons of information as well, even more than I did. When I told her about what I found out from you guys here, she was just like "Okay, I know that, I know that, so you didn't really find out anything that I didn't already know, what a waste of time". She is being mean, she was telling it in a funny way, just for some laughs.

Anyway, I still appreciate your help and if you have any additional advice, please share it with me.

I would start with the prevention if I only knew that I am going to have some heart disease like I have now. My wife would do also anything to prevent it. But we didn't have that luck. I will tell you from my experience. I didn't know anything about this - I didn't know that I have any chances to get some heart disease and back than I didn't know that there is a way to prevent it. Now, everything that people in here told you - it is true, and you should listen to them. Those are the best prevention ways....

Hello there guys. So just now I posted about something similar. The topic was similar. I know that maybe it is not that easy to start with those tips that can help you in the prevention of the heart disease, but once you start with it you should not give up on them. First and the most important thing is to make a plan, healthy plan that can help you in this. You need to know exactly how much time you have for those changes. When I say time - I mean how much time you have to prepare healthy meals, to exercise, to walk...When you estimate that, you can start with the prevention of heart disease. Good luck.