Hi! I am 52 years old and I have started having some vision problems recently. I know that it is normal for my age, but I will try to fight it every step of the way. My mother had cataract and she had to have several surgeries. I heard that it can be inherited and that is one more reason I should try and do something good for my sight. I heard that people nowadays use antioxidant supplements in eye-therapy. What are these antioxidants good for? Can they prevent cataract?

We all worry about failing eyesight as we get older. But my doctor told me that now there are proves that we don't have to worry anymore since there are very powerful supplements on the market. We can hold on to excellent vision and healthy eyes well into our 80s. Our vision doesn't have to deteriorate with age. We can actually prevent, or even reverse age-related vision loss by adding eye vitamins C, E, beta-carotene, Zinc and antioxidants to our diet. The antioxidants on the market today contain all the eyesight-building nutrients that our eyes need to stay healthy.

I agree that antioxidants are good for vision. I also have vision problems and I have been taking the antioxidant supplements for years. My vision didn’t deteriorate further in this time. Who knows maybe I would even be blind by now if I had not been using these supplements. If you are going to buy them see that they have Lutein and Lycopene, which are very potent antioxidants. It is also good when these are combined with well-known eyesight-building nutrients like bilberry and natural vitamin E. Try it, you have nothing to loose!