I always read things about MN hurting in your ball of the foot and that you might have tingling or electric shock feeling in your toes... But mine is on the left foot, I feel the neuroma between the 3rd and 4th toes right by the metatarsal head and I don't really have pain so to speak I just have mostly a constant funky feeling that is more annoying then anything. It feels like electricity shooting through my foot but i tend to feel it some between the 3rd and 4th toes but down more by the metatarsal head, I really dont feel much up close to the toes not even numbness. The feeling seems to sprout from the 3rd and 4th metatarsal head area out toward the outer part of bottom of foot between the 4th and 5th toes and then from there down towards heel but stops just before the heel.... I did get some relief last summer when I was going to have pedicures... That would give me relief for 3-4 wks so I might try that again... Does anyone experience this same thing? Cause all I ever read is that I should feel it in the toes which I dont and that I should have pain in the ball of the foot which I dont really have but I have that funky feeling. I can feel with my finger pressed in there the neuroma and I can get it to click with Mulders sign.

I have similar symptoms. I had bilateral neuroma surgery 10 years ago and have had increasing sx of tingling, electric sensations in my toes and in the metatarsals. I am seeking answers to avoid further surgery. It feels like a web under my skin and I sense it is scarring and nerve entrapment. What diagnosis have you been given?

i have it in my back behind my shoulder blade and sometimes it goes into my stomach

I have the same sensation on the side of my foot. It's not painful, it's just irritating and it's never happened before. It's been happening for at least 5 days now.

I had foot pain in 2003 and after 3 attempts to stop the pain with Cortisone shots I had surgery to remove a Morton's neuroma. I was told these tumors that grow on a nerve (always benign) are normally from wearing ill fitting shoes. My foot had become a Wide, after time, by always standing at work. I wish I had figured that one out! The pain was so bad I was delighted to have my foot opened on the top, proceeding to go through most of it only to find 2 neuroma's. If you think about what it is, a growth on a nerve - you would figure out the scar tissue that develops would be very similar to what you are cutting off.
After a year of putting on my shoe - having it feel like a sock or something was in the bottom already (it never was) I began to adjust to the numbness past my ankle. After 3 years I began to notice I had sensations that reminded me of my foot. It has now been almost 7 years and just last month I had even more feeling return.
The first year I did receive DEEP tissue foot massages and acupuncture. I think this were VERY important for my recovery. This is also what I credit for the continued apparent sensations regained. To me, it feels like nerves that were cut are able to find each other and still reconnect.
The electric shock sensation was when I first decided to see a doctor. I still have the electric feeling occasionally on the same foot inside the big toe area, on the ball of the foot. My doctor told me that was very rare and never addressed it again. I now nearly always wear shoes that 'open up' like work boots. Or if that style won't work at least a W or WW. No matter, I won't do the surgery again. It is a very long recovery, with lots of sweat, pain and rehabilitation that leaves you wondering if it is worth it.

I have feelings in my right foot. Was sleeping and woke up thinking someone was electricuting my middle toe. I soon realized that this crazy pain shooting up my toes into my leg was not the result of a prankster. I could not sleep due to the frequentness of this new found shock thearpy. It is very unpleasant and could not get it to stop. I understand that being at the age of 44 that my body is going through some nasty and uncontrollable changes. but this was ridiculous. In a frantic irritated mood I decided to start chopping at the toe nails, of course I had to go for the largest pair of toenail cutters because seeing that my toenails is another thing that is getting freakishly THICK. After cutting the toenails around the area that was causing yet another new found age pain. I realized that the electric shock feeling subsided. So every six weeks or so my shock treatments start over, and there I am , sitting on the edge of the bed at 2 in the morning franticly chopping my toenails to stop this new found annoyance. ( not nearly as annoying as my wife yelling at me to stop cutting my nails in bed. lol) anyhow hope this is helpful.. Please excuse the spelling mistakes. Never could spell, getting older is just making it worse. Cheers..Paul

yes i have all you describe!!!!!

but foot injuries caused by much, maybe because you have arthritis, would hurt your leg or Shine's because you go through many board feet are in a state of hot and cramped. you need to check at the hospital and should be comfortable retain the.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Yes but I have it in my right foot right infront my big toe it's starting to get to the point that it hurts for no reason so I mark when it happens and the date it happene