I am 15 years old and a few months ago I saw this thing on MTV about teens who have tourettes and a lot of there symptoms sounded familiar. I tend to have a twitch in my neck I cant control it but I can sometimes tell when it's about to happen and when I twitch I make a weird sound with my mouth and again I cant stop my self from doing it. I have been twitching for over a year now and I didn't think to much of it till I saw that thing on MTV. I was wondering do I need to go to a special doctor to see if in fact it is tourettes... honestly I think it is tourettes but I want to be sure, when people see my neck move in such a fast weird movement they think that I am just screwing around and family members also think this...

You should go to your doctor and be as honest about your tics as possible. Think back, have you had any other tics? Little noises, jerks, movements, etc... What is key, is that you can feel the tic coming on -- that sensation is a key symptom of Tourettes. I know, I have it =) Also, do some reasearch. Go to www.tsa-usa.org and navigate through their site (Tourette Syndrome Associate), they have a world of knowledge about tourettes. Dont be scared of a diagnosis either, you would be surprised how many people have tourettes. Hope that helps!