For over 6-7 years now I have had tics little things I just do and can't really control, most frequently I hum or twictch my eyes and I have the feeling that I have to do it untill I am "satisfied" I guess is the only way I can put it. I don't think I can go a day or even a couple of hours without doing it. For year I have told myself its all in my head and when people start to notice it feels as I hum louder and I just can't control it. I have never been able to really talk to any one about it because as all humans are I hate to show weakness. I really don't know what I should do about it because I will do it and some times my mom will just be like stop doing that and things like that. When really I feel I can't control it... I am not sure if this is tourettes but after reading up I feel it is the most suited.

Hey, I know exactly what you have. I have had it since I was a child. You have mild tourettes with OCD. The urge you get to hum or twitch your eyes can be comparable to trying not to blink right? then when you perform the action, it relieves it if only for a few seconds or minutes right? then the feeling that you have to do it "RIGHT" is where the OCD comes in.. People with tourettes syndrome often have OCD as well.. They work as a team and it can really put a damper on your day. I have a lot of information on ways to stop and ways to deal with it as I've lived with it for many years and have forced myself to learn as much as possible. Reply back on this forum if you are still active on this.. I see this is from 2006.

Why don't you try attending ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed They are good in handling people's disorder. They know what to do when people have disorders. They have clinicians and professionals that will be able to help you.