My father has just been through a serious heart condition, he had a heart attack. I cannot say that it happened suddenly, he does not follow a healthy way of living. He has around 20 kilos of extra weight and he smokes over 20 cigarettes a day. So, I assume that this was bound to happen sooner or later. Still, I would like to know something more about his heart condition. It did not seem to me like something that serious, he just complained of severe chest pain, doctors explained that examining the Cardiac Enzymes in blood they determined he had a heart attack. What is the relation here?

As any other muscle and organ in our body, heart is consisted of many cells that have similar structure. Yet they are different from each other by certain substances they produce enzymes. Heart cells after they are damaged release in blood some enzymes they only have, and by that we can say if someone had problems with heart. Those enzymes are Troponin, Myoglobin and Creatine izoenzymes.