Can I still get pregnant after endometrial ablation? Because of all this bleeding I became anemic and tired all the time. I am worried those cells in uterus are destroyed and that I would need some additional treatment if I want to be pregnant. I’ve got married two months ago and my husband doesn’t know about this. He told me yesterday that he wants baby. What I should do?

Are you sure that they are destroyed during endometrial ablation? Have you talked with your surgeon about this? If the lining cells of the uterus are destroyed by the procedure, there is no place for a developing fetus to attach within the uterus.
In case that some cells remain following an ablation, there exists the rare possibility of pregnancy occurring. If pregnancy were to occur, the placenta would grow directly into the muscle wall of the uterus and take hold like the roots of a tree and the placenta would not be able to separate at the time of delivery, and hemorrhage could occur. This is very serious I think you should tell him about endometrial ablation.

You should read the other postings about pregnancy and ablasion. I had an ablasion 2 years ago and recently became pregnant. I was thrilled because I wanted this baby. I carried until week 9 then the baby died. It has been devistating. I am a health care professional and would advise to look at the situation closely. I had an ablasion due to low platlet counts caused by chemo therapy. I would have never had the ablasion looking in hind sight. My husband and I truely wanted this child and now I am faced with the fact I may never be successful in completing a pregnancy. Think long and hard about your decision. There are no know stats that I can find on pregnancy post ablasion.

UNFORTUNATELY MOST ablation pregnancies end in miscarriage before 12 weeks..I have seen some end at 20 weeks, but have never ever seen a full term pregnancy after ablation. IT IS warned FOR ALL women(well, supposed to be) THAT pregnancy is not at all reccommended after ablation. It also may not be possible.

Hello, I am a 31 year old female and just gave birth in January to a beautiful baby girl after an ablation. Yes she did come at 30 weeks, but is perfectly healthy. 19 days in NICU and no longterm problems. It is possible. I also have been keeping in touch with another Mom who delivered at 36 weeks after an ablation. It does happen. My perinatologist has had several women deliver after the ablation. Don't lose faith.

please let me know how you got pregnant and had a baby at 30 weeks after an ablation? what was your doctors answer to this? i was told that a woman can and should NOT get pregnant after ablation. thanks for your response. i would really like to consider another baby. thanks, cheryl

I am 38 and had a ablation 3 years ago. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and very scared. I have a placenta previa. I can find little information as to pregnancy after ablation. I did not think I could get pregnant. I feel like everyday I carry this baby is a mircle. Please anyone else pregnant after ablation please write to me. I feel very alone. thank you Georgena

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I'm 38 and 7 weeks pregnant after have an ablation just 3 months ago. I see this as a miracle for many reasons. I am a single mom of a 6 year old and didn't think I wanted anymore children. I was suffering with anemia for 2 + years and thought the ablation was the perfect solution.

My period came back very lightly after just one cycle, but I knew that was a possibility. Prior to having the ablation I would alway miscarry between 5 and 6 weeks. I have a luteal phase defect where my body wasn't making enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy.

Before I had very heavy periods and uterine fibriods. Maybe my baby just needed a new surface to beable to hold on and grow. Whatever the reason, I am over the moon about being pregant and having it last into the 7th week. I have a 6 year old son who I want to have a sibling. I called my OB Gyn today and have an appointment on 7/18. I also left a message for the nurse with my situation with the ablation and asked her to call me. I haven't heard from her. While I see there are risks, I also have great hope and optimism that everything will work out. With my son I had placenta previa, and ended up having a C-section at 36 weeks. He was already a big boy at 7 lbs and was fine. If God wants me to have this baby, that's what will happen. Best of luck to you all! Kat

hi to the woman who was 7 weeks on the 18th of june, after having an ablation. how are you doing and how did the app go on the 18th of july? what did your doctor say about pregnancy after ablation? i am in the same boat and need to know, thanks so very much, cheryl

At the age of 30, I had an ablation done (NovaSure) in April of 2006. It's been almost 2 years now and still no sign of a period.
Anyone know of any tricks that might help regrow and stimulate my uterine wall again?
I had it done to save me from serious depression! (bleeding all the time I guess will do that to you)
But I now, I've got a case of baby fever...totally bummed out.
Any suggestions?

Hello to all of you. I am 36 yrs old and currently 11 wks pg w/ my 3rd child. I had an endometrial ablation over 18 months ago for heavy bleeding. I am very happy to be pg again, although very scared!! So far everything seems to be going ok (knock on wood). I have an appt with my perinatologist tomorrow. I've had some trouble finding info on the subject. So far this site has been the best, in regards to finding people in the same situation. My email address is _[removed]_. I would love to hear from anyone who is going through this or has any info.....THANK YOU!!!

Roxane

I had edometial ablation back in March 2007. I still have a period every single month and sometimes heavy. Not quite as heavy as before but still heavy. I'm experiencing major heartburn, sore breasts, and very very tired. I have had fluttering feelings in my stomach. I'm scared I might be pregnant but I had a period just weeks ago. Is it possible to be pregnant and have periods too.

peppermintpatty - Your post sounds very much like what I am feeling. I had an novasure ablation in July of '06. It was a failure. In my GYN's words it looks as though I never had anything done. I had a full period less than 10 days after the procedure and I've been having 26-29 day cycles ever since.

Recently my breasts have become sore, I've been unusually tired, gained 5lbs and I thought perhaps it was just hormonal, but I have fluttering feelings in my stomach often over the past 2 weeks. I'm scared to get a test!

I am 39 years old and had microwave ablasion 4 years ago. I have never had my periods back, not even a spot and have just found out I am 23 weeks pregnant! My gyno says he cant believe the pregnancy was able to happen let alone be 23 weeks along. I have been told I will need to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks to make sure the baby is growing due to the fact I have no lining there to norious the baby. And then when I deliver I will need a ceaserian and a hysterectomy because I will have placenta accreta and he doesnt want to risk haemmorageing. So fun times ahead!

HI,
I had an ablation September 2007 and I am 37 years old. ...My periods were out of control using boxes and boxes of tampons and something had to be done..It was successful and have had only one day of spotting every month since. My problem is my new husband has no children and would like some. I am desperate to have a child for him. This web site has been very helpful in that some women have conceived and had healthy babies. Yet other postings say how dangerous it is...My question is for the most recent postings that are pregnant...My prayer is that you now have beautiful babies...Please let me know how long you carried and was it difficult to get pregnant...Were you trying? The delivery? etc...
Thank you so much..my doctor is not very optimisic..

Amy
amyhungerford97@yahoo.com