I have had a tubal ligation done 5 years ago and just in Jan 06 had a endometrial ablation done . I have since not had my periods but just recently spotted for a few days and am hoping that i will start to menstrate again(almost sounds crazy). I am desperate to have another baby. I have been reading about having a baby after endometrial ablation and have heard some bad things but have also heard some promosing things. I really would like to know anybody's input on this. Is it really that unsafe? is it possible to have a baby? is IVF an option? Is there any way taking estrogen and or progestren will help get my uterine lining back or at least enouigh to carry a baby? Please if anyone has any great info or can point me in the right direction. I am from Saskatchewan and would like to know where I can go to get some good help. Signed desperate for another baby

ENDOMETRIAL ablationa nd pregnancy do not mix well at all.. MOST WOMEN miscarry by 20 weeks..

THEY DESTROY YOUR uterine lining, you need that to have a healthy pregnancy.

THE DOCTORS should have told you that THAT PROCEDURE IS ONLY for women who are DONE HAVING BABIES.

I am a 31 year old woman who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in January after an ablation. Yes there are risks and yes I spent time on bedrest and yes she was born early, but she is now almost a year old and very healthy. It happens more than you think. I also keep in touch with another Mom who carried until 36 weeks after an ablation and has a healthy baby. Don't give up hope. My specialist told me it happens more than you think and some do go to term. I wouldn't change a thing it was alll worth it!

angelsnelvis wrote:

Thank you so much for this little bit of hope but the problem i am having is finding a doctor to do a tubal reversal first. See i am living in a different province now and i am wondering if i maybe went for a tubal reversal here if they would know i had an ablation see i would not tell them but not sure if i can get around having a reversal without the dr. knowing. They will not knowingly reverse my tubes if they know i had an ablation. Also you obviously know the risks of this having a baby after an ablation. Can you tell me the risks to the child or if there can be major birth defects or s it mainly to the mother. Thank you and congratulations. If this all does not work we might try to find a surrogate but i would relly like to have it myself.

traceyltno1 wrote:

angelsnelvis wrote:

Hello, keep looking, if it was meant to be you will find a doctor to do it. The risks to the baby are not really birth defects (at least what I have been told) it is mainly prematurity and under developement. My doctor told me that if you are still menustrating then you have enough lining left to sustain a pregnancy at least for some time.

I am 30 yrs old and had an ablation done almost five yrs ago. I would like to have another baby, but am having trouble finding out what the risks are and how hard it is to conceive. Is there anything I can do? Can you help with some advise?

angelsnelvis wrote:

I am 30 yrs old and had an ablation done almost five yrs ago. I would like to have another baby, but am having trouble finding out what the risks are and how hard it is to conceive. Is there anything I can do? Can you help with some advise? Thank you so much...... and congratulations to you on your baby. I hope all is well.

HI, I have been reading on this site about having a baby after a woman had ablation done...I have a tubal and had a ablation both done...I still have my periods and I SO want another baby now. Do anyone reading this know much about this?I have spoken to my dodctor about this and he said we have to see how bad my womb is before we do anything. Looking to see if this happen for anyone.

I am a 35 year old who had both a tubal and the ablation done. I along with you other woman desperately want another baby with my new husband. My doctor recommended to find a doner uterus, a serogant mother. That is not an option for me. I want to carry our baby not another woman. I keep searching because I am desperate to have my husbands baby.

I too had bot a tubal litigation back when I was 26 and got the ablation done about a year ago @ age 35. I do not get a period per say just a lite bleeding. I am going to go back to my Dr who did the ablation and discuss with him what my options are. As I too after many years would like to have another but .. I made decisions based on my situation at the time...
    What ever news I get I will add to this site. Wish me luck!

I read that BROMELAIN can help to thicken the uterine lining. I had the ablation procedure done in Dec 07. I started with light pink spotting (on the TP only) in March 08. I started with Bromelain 3 X day (1000mg per dose) NOT with meals in July 08 (it acts as a digestive enzyme if taken with meals, you want it to thicken the lining and combat scar tissue instead). You can only take it the first 2 weeks of your cycle - no more than that. The last 2 months I have had red bleeding for 1/2 day during my cycle which is MUCH improvement. I'm praying that I can conceive again.

I spoke with my OB/GYN who did the procedure in March during my annual visit. He told me to forget about getting prego - to get a surrogate. That is not an option. It really sucks that, as a woman, you are pushed into a corner to make drastic and desperate decisions due to painful and prolonged menstrual cycles. I was at whits end when I chose to have the Novasure procedure done.

I made an appointment to get a transvaginal ultrasound - I want to know exactly what state my uterus is in. I think anyone who wants to get pregnant after ablation should do the same thing. I know that there is a minimum amount of lining needed to sustain a pregnancy and I pray that I will get good news on Monday regarding it.

I guess if it is meant to be it will be. I feel for everyone who has found themselves in the same position as me. I never thought in a million years I would find an incredible man who I would want to have a child with. Life is crazy that way, I suppose. I'm thankful for the child I have and for this incredible man in my life and even if having a baby isn't in the cards for me I know we will all be ok. But what a blessing it would be.

Good luck to all.

9 months post op - 5 months after my doctor telling me to forget having a child naturally (he would direct me to a surrogate) - I am happy to report that I have been given the green light to get preggo!!!! A transvaginal ultrasound and sonogram have shown that my uterus is in excellent health - plump and with an 8mm lining just 8 days into my cycle. Doctor said that if hadn't done the ablation himself that he would not have been able to tell.

It's truly a miracle! I couldn't believe my eyes or ears Tuesday. I was hoping and praying for good news but expecting him to lecture me again.

I will keep everyone posted on our progress.

If things hadn't turned out so well and you had serious complications, premature birth, or a child with a serious physical or mental disability-maybe you wouldn't feel this way. You took a huge risk are lucky. Giving the same hope to people is really putting them at risk. You ignored the warnings given to you before the ablation. You may want to examine how you make serious decisions in the future! :roll: :!: angelsnelvis wrote:

MBgal wrote:

MBgal - good information posted, thank you. I am 3 years post ablation. I have contacted a fertility specialist in Southern CA who says that ablations have been successfully reversed using the same treatments as for Asherman's Syndrome. Asherman's is essentially the "accidental" scarring of the uterus, as opposed to the deliberate scarring via an ablation.

Thanks Momto4xys! Actually, since October of last year I have had several procedures and 1 surgery to try to correct the ablation surgery. I am currently working with a reproductive specialist who also specializes in Asherman's Syndrome cases.

Good luck to everyone!

PS. The bromelain DID help to increase the thickness of my lining but because of the scarring the lining was not viable in itself. Bromelain will be helpful should the surgeries sucessfully reserve the ablation procedure which in turn will allow the endometrial GLANDS to function - then the increased lining will be usefull.