I had endometrial ablation surgery 2 years ago, I am now 52 years old. I have not had a period since having this procedure but this morning I noticed some spotting which is almost like the start of a period.
Is it normal to expect bleeding after two years of not having a period and having the ablation surgery and should I go and have it checked out?
I realise it is early and maybe should wait a while, but I had severe bleeding before I had the surgery and was assured that I would not bleed again. What are your comments?

Health Advisor
Have you been evaluated for adenomyosis before endometrial ablasion? It is a condition where the lining of the uterus grows into the uterine wall. Endometrial ablation treats the lining of the uterus and superficial muscle layers to a depth of about 5 mm. If adenomyosis is deeper, it may cause regrowth of the endometrium, resulting in return of heavy bleeding and cramping. Adenomyosis is a common cause of bleeding after the ablasion.
Otherwise, you should have little or none bleeding after the ablasion.

Why don’t you have it checked and see what it is all about. Keep us posted!

i am 49 know divorced had sex with a man 52 i had the balloon ablation surgery about 10 years ago I still have periods every month but are sometimes really light can I still get pregnant 

Yes you can and it is very dangerous if you get pregnant.

Im 36 had ablation surgery over 2 years ago not had a drop of bleeding till today . Im bleeding kinda light to med but i have been very sick vomiting , cramps very tired and light headed is this normal my doctor said i wouldn't bleed any more after surgery. Thank you