I am 27 weeks preg. following an ablation 3 years ago I can find little or no information regarding pregnancy after ablation anyone who knows about it or has been preg. after an ablation please write. I am very concerned so far I have had no problems with carrying him but my last ultra sound showed a partial previa and I need to know has anyone had a successful birth following an ablation I am 38 and have had 6 problem free birth's. Thank You

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**

I just wanted to let you know that I am 31 years old. I have a 13 year old and I am currently 27 weeks pregnant after having an ablation in 2005. I had not had any problems until 2 weeks ago. I started have a little brownish discharge and was having some pain. Went in for my OB follow up and found that I was in preterm labor. Now I am on bed rest. Everything seems to be going fine now. On medication every 4 hours, but I hope for a full term pregnancy. I wish I had better information for you. But I am looking forward to a full term pregnancy.

I had endometrial ablation in 1997. Surprise pregnancy in 2001. Premature labour - emergency caesarean at 25 weeks. My son was 880gm at birth & 32 cm long. He had bleeding in his brain & lungs, bowel & other associated problems common to extreme prematurity. The oxygen resulted in Retinopathy of prematurity; after Laser surgery he wears glasses for distance (legally visually impaired). His only-on going treatments are physio & occupational therapy for low muscle tone . My son is a very happy, healthy 6yr old. I know we were very lucky.

I had endometrial ablation in 1997. Surprise pregnancy in 2001. Premature labour - emergency caesarean at 25 weeks. My son was 880gm at birth & 32 cm long. He had bleeding in his brain & lungs, bowel & other associated problems common to extreme prematurity. The oxygen resulted in Retinopathy of prematurity, treated with Laser surgery; he wears glasses for distance (legally visually impaired). He was in hospital for 97 days. His only-on going treatments are physio and occupational therapy for low muscle tone . My son is a very happy, healthy 6yr old. I know we were very lucky & I hope all goes well for you!

I have had the above mentioned procedures on october 26, 2006, as well as a laproscopic birch sling.

Is is possible to get/remain pregnant after these procedures?

I have marked lethargy with slight abdominal cramping, frequent headaches, sore (tingeling/burning) breast and mild nausea, as well as increased frequency in bathroom trips...

I would like to become pregnant, could I possibly be?

did you also have a btl?

I had a high risk preg. after ablation but was able to carry full term. Anyone wanting support or if you have any questions regarding preg. after ablation you can reach me at _[removed]_ I answer all e-mails.

I was told about the hydrothermablation in 08/2007 by my GYN because of extreme bleeding with periods and uncontrollable pain. I had to go through a consultation prior to surgery because the doctors wantged to make sure that I understood that I'd never be able to get pregnant again and I had to be in agreeance with that. No problem, I already have six kids and didn't want anymore. 2 months after surgery I was still bleeding the same and still in pain. My doctor told me to take birth control pills for a few months until the surgery was in full effect. I took the birth control pills until 7/2008 and stopped. I was still blleeding the same and still in pain. The doctor said she would have to inquire on getting the surgery redone by another gyn, never happened. Now, here I am about to turn 36 in a month and pregnant, yes pregnant. My kids are 21,20,19,17,11, and 10. I have a 6 month old granddaughter and another grandchild due to 2 weeks before mine if I decide to carry it. I have other health issues and this has spiraled me back into depression. I was told I would never have anymore children and now I'm forced to make a decision I wouldn't or shouldn't have to make. :'(

l had ablation 5mths ago noew 5weeks preg been losing brown discharge ,had scan seen sack baby no heartbeat go back thurs is tis normal x

I am curious how your pregnancy is going. Were you able to find the heartbeat? I am going through a similar situation myself. I had an ablation 5 years ago and am now 7+ weeks pregnant. I also have brown discharge every few days and have had 3 ultrasounds... each time progressing. The baby was only at .3mm last time and so we return this friday, 6-11-10 to hopefully see the heartbeat and varify it is a viable pregnancy. All bloodwork has been good, just concerned about miscarriaga and/or not seeing a heartbeat this week. I hope all is going well for you... Please let me know the outcome of your pregnancy... Thank you!

I have never posted on a site like this, but I wanted to give hope/info to women faced with pregnancy after endometrial ablation. I was shocked & terrified to learn that only 14 mths after my ablation, I was pregnant. I was desperate for info about the risks & there was little to no info available, and even the high risk practice I was referred to seemed unable to site statistics to help me make an informed decision. I had monthly ultrasounds to monitor fetal growth & to attempt to gauge attachment of the placenta to detect accreta, but it was near impossible to tell anything. I just turned 40, I am strong & healthy, & my pregnancy was problem free. I elected to have a C-section even though I was cleared for a vaginal delivery (my previous preg was a vaginal delivery 20 yrs ago!). I had to force the doc's to agree to a C-section bc I was concerned about the placenta not releasing & the risk of having to have surgery AFTER labor/delivery; turns out this was the right decision. My water broke at about 39 wks, & I delivered a healthy 6 lb 12 oz boy via C-section, then had my tubes tied. The placenta was stuck & had to be manually removed, but blood loss was controllable & no transfusion was necessary. I was very fortunate!! PLEASE note that ablation was never intended as birth control...my situation was different as my husband has had a vasectomy which failed; this is a miracle baby for sure!
I just wanted to reassure those women who are facing this situation & searching for info as I did. I nearly terminated my pregnancy early on, but I'm so glad I didn't, despite lots of fear & worry. Mom & baby are healthy & grateful. I hope this helps!

I am a 35 year old woman who had an ablation 2 years ago. I was given a 20 percent chance of the ablation working. My periods have been extreemly heavy for many years and my womb is very large and the lining very thick. I was told that there was a chance that i would not be able to get pregnant again but not of the risks if i did. I continued to have period problems and it was decided with my consultant that i should undergo a partial hysterectomy. Anyway about two months before my procedure my husband told me he wanted a child. We decided after a very long few months of consideration that it was a good idea and so started trying. First month in and i dawned on me about the ablation. I have spoken with my consultant who did the ablation and was going to do the hysterectomy about this decision, expecting him to say dont do it. This was not however the answer i got. He has advised me that he is happy for me to go ahead and that he has sucessfully seen a patient through a full term pregnancy after ablation. He said that there are risks and these must be considered but that he will oversee the pregnancy himself and is happy for me to do this. I hope this gives some hope to others... :-D

Hi there,

I'm still in shock from the news that I have become pregnant after an ablation 2+ years ago. I am having a hard time finding statistics or helpful info. on this subject. I am 6 weeks in and planning on keeping the baby if that is the Lord's will. I have 3 other children ages 10, 7, and 3. I am going to be 34 in a few weeks and healthy. I would love to hear from others who have been pregnant after an ablation whether it ended in m/c, s/b, pre-term., or full term. Thanks.

I read yourpost how are u coming along I am in the same position.. I had an ablasion in 09 I am pregnant... going to termimante on Saturday

I'm holding up alright. I'm 8w2d today. I have another apt. tomorrow morning. The more research I do, the more I'm finding about successful (healthy) deliveries. I find myself being more stressed out thinking about having gotten rid of my maternity clothes, baby clothes, stroller, and infant carrier! Dang it! We've decided to just do window shopping for baby items until we know we'll be bringing a baby home.

How are you doing? If you don't mind me asking, are you terminating because you want to, or out of fear of the unknown? Whatever the outcome I wish you the best.

I had my apt today and the baby is measuring 9 weeks. The heartbeat looks great and my doc said come back in a month. Scheduled an apt with a peri. for next Thursday.