hello, i would really like to know info on pregnancy after ablation. is there a way to be able to test a woman 1-2 yrs after an ablation to see if her uterus can carry a baby to full term? can the lining grow back in a patient if she is healthy and under the age of 42 when she had the proceedure? thank you for your help, pat

Guest wrote:

I had the ablation procedure in May of 2004. It is now February of 2007 and my lining has grown back. I was 44 when I had the procedure and would love to conceive another child. What info I have gathered off the net is not heart warming. As far as I know there has only been 1 documented pregnancy of a woman after the ablation procedure. Maybe I will be the second!!!!

I had endometrial ablation in 1997. Surprise pregnancy in 2001. Premature labour - emergency caesarean at 25 weeks. My son was 880gm at birth & 32 cm long. He had bleeding in his brain & lungs, bowel & other associated problems common to extreme prematurity. The oxygen resulted in Retinopathy of prematurity, treated with Laser surgery; he wears glasses for distance (legally visually impaired). He was in hospital for 97 days. His only-on going treatments are physio and occupational therapy for low muscle tone . My son is a very happy, healthy 6yr old. I know we were very lucky.

i am 41, 8 weeks pregnance and had the ablation 6 years ago. the baby looks great, good heartbeat, my numbers are high on my HCG, etc. BUT I"M SCARED TO DEATH... i need to talk to anyone who is or has gone through this but I cannot get to email addresses or give mine. I don't get how this site works if we can't communicate other than here...
help.

I also am in the same boat as you. I had a balloon ablation 8 years ago and a tubal. I also am newly married and looking for info because we are interested in another child.... Let me know if you find any good info or news I would love to hear helpful info... _[removed]_

Hi... I am 45 and had an EA done on 8/8/08... just wondering about the possibility of getting pregnant again!

I did get the Depo-Provera shot on 8/4/08 b/c of my heavy bleeding... so for 3 months there is no chance of conception, but I am wondering if I can get pregnant after the shot is out of my system?

Thanks for your help!

Yvette ;-)

hi I am 40..I am praying that this was a successful pregnancy!I want to try to conceive at a healthy forty year old woman,and my husband of 21 years,we have twqo daughters,ome in college,our youngest in High school.When they were smaller. I was just 31 and became pregnant and terminated the pregnancy due to health problems which have gone away..We never got over iot!I had dnc,tubal ligatation and at 35 I had Endometrial Ablatian?Would IVF work with my eggs and my hubby;s sperm so that I can carry another child?I want to know if this is hope..WE really wast one last baby!!Is this possible??Was your baby birth a success??Please I need your help @dhernandez??Thanks