I had a endometrial ablation 3 years ago I am now 28 weeks pregnant and can find little or no information in regards to pregnancy following this procedure. I have had 2 ultra sounds and the baby looks good but I do have a low lieing plecenta which the dr. hopes will move away from the cervix and not further down. I am very concerned if it moves down and I end up with a total previa or worse it grows into the muscle wall of the uterus and doesn't seperate at the time of delivery. I am also concerned with premature labor. Has anyone out there ever been through any of this with good or bad outcomes? I just need some information so I can no what to exspect. I live in small rural town in northern mich. where up to date medical care is not offered nor a high risk Dr. I had 6 healthy baby's prior to the ablation I am 38 years old. ***edited by moderator***

Any luck yet? I know what you mean..there isnt a lot out there and its frustrating. What did your Dr. say when you found out you were pregnant?

Are you still there kaiser? I would love to hear your story. I will be 37 this year, have had 5 healthy kids and just found out a week ago im pregnant after have novasure done in april of 07. My ob said to terminate it. I scheduled an appt for an abortion next week but since then i decided to get a second opionion with a high risk ob dr. who i will see on monday. Im scared and I dont know what to do. Please respond if you are still around.
Thanks!

I had a TCRE rollerball 9 years ago and got pregnant a year later. I lost the baby at 18 weeks and the hospital messed up the operation.
I am now 6 weeks pregnant and totally terrified. Nobody seems to know any information and I dont know what to do.

I am 41 years old.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

unfortunatley there isnt enough experience with this yet from what im finding out. No one has any way of knowing what the outcome will be. Its a gamble. I found out a week and a half ago im pregnant after having novasure in april of 07. Ive been on such an emotional rollercoaster ride ever since. My ob told my it would be best to terminate. I went today to see a high risk dr but i would be his first patient if i decided to continue with the pregnancy. From what im finding out things can look ok for several weeks and you could end up losing the baby in the 2nd trimester. Fromwhat he told me there isnt any real way to tell once you are pregnant how thick your lining is in your utererus. You could carry the baby for 20 weeks or more with no problem but as the baby gets bigger and requires more oxygen and nutrients and if your lining isnt adequate enough to support it the baby will die. Its all a roll of the dice. I wish there was a clear cut answer. I have 5 kids already and I just dont think i can take the risk.Id rather terminate now, at 6 weeks than lose my baby half way through.There are the lucky ones out there that carry them to term with little or no compications. I would try to find the best Dr you can in your area and go from there.

thanks! Are there any risks involved with terminating, or is it straightforward?

Is there any information about this sort of pregnancy anywhere, like any websites? I'd like to know what the chances are of carrying it full term.

I dont believe the risks for terminating are any different than a usual one at this stage anyway.I had mine done today. It was really hard but without some real info to go on i couldnt risk carrying my baby half way through and lose it. I wish they knew more, i wish they could do more to find out right away if everything should be fine.
I just searched the internet and read whatever i found..
good luck to you

I'm so sorry you had to terminate. I'm agonising over the decision. I have 2 kids and 2 grandkids but my husband hasnt got any children so I feel so bad about terminating. But there is so little information to go on that my mind is just going in circles and I cant concentrate on anything! I cant even find a specialist who knows anything. I live in the UK and there doesn't seem to be anyone here that knows anything about this.
I hope you feel better soon.

I felt exactly the same way. I couldnt concentrate on anything.I have had 5 kids and my oldest is due with her first in Nov. It was so frustrating not being able to get any straight forward answers. I feel i was forced to make the decision i did based on that. I was too scared to carry a baby, get attached to it, have my kids and my boyfriend get attached to it( he also has none of his own) and then lose it. Unlike a normal pregnancy where usually ifyou make it through the first trimester its smooth sailing, this is the opposite. I was told by my Dr that everything can look great for a while and you can get false hope then things can turn in the 2nd trimester.Unless you can get a clear answer on whether your lining is substantial enough to support the fetus the whole time then its a gamble. It really sucks, no doubt about it. I never ever in my life thought id have an abortion. Lucky for me the two ultrasounds i did have just showed a sac..thats not to say in a week or two they wouldnt have seen a fetus but at the time i had to terminate i just saw a sac, and i hope thats all it would have ever been. It would have made it even harder had i seen a fetus.i may not have been able to do it.
I hope everything works out for you

so if there is enough lining, does that mean that it would go to term, or is it still a gamble? My first pregnancy after the ablation was only a year or so after the operation, so I'm wondering whether the ling has regenerated after all these years. But that pregnancy was horrific because my waters broke at 18 weeks and they left me on a drip for a week trying different drugs to make it arrive naturally. After a week they gave up and operated to revove it. They told me I was ready to go home and everything was ok, then I stood up and the baby was hanging out of me. I had to give birth to it, but its head ended up still stuck inside, so I had to have another op that evening to remove the rest of the baby. It was a little boy. I had panic attacks for 2 years following that and I still have to go to the same hospital this time. If I have a termination it will be at that hospital too, so I'm really freaked out.
So maybe you've had a lucky escape by deciding to terminate- I would hate anyone to have to go through what I did, it was horrible.
I think I possibly will terminate as I couldnt stand to go through that again. Your doctor was right about it looking ok, then going wrong in the 2nd trimester, and its so much worse losing it when it is an actual baby rather than a little blob on a screen!

I think the lining has a lot to do with it. They knew i must have had at least one good spot left but there was no telling where the placenta would implant itself. could have been in a good spot or in a bad one and they told me there was no way to tell from an ultrasound or anything. I dont know if i totally believe that or not. with the technology today somewhere there must be a way..maybe not? It is possible for your lining to regenerate itself. I had never missed a period after i had the ablation. The gradually got lighter and i was only having light bleeding/spotting for 3 days tops.
The day i spoke with my dr he told me a similar story to yours. He had a patient that miscarried at 20 weeks, he said it was really bad, blood everywhere and the baby was hanging out of her. I did not want to go through that. Like you said its a lot harder losing a baby than just an embryo. And what would i tell my kids? I think the younger ones especially would have been excited about the baby then i would have to break their hearts and tell them it died? That played a big part in my decision.Keep me posted on what you find out and what you decide. It is such a hard decision to have to make. Today im doing ok. Yesterday i lost it big time. Its just not normal for a womans body to be pregnant one day and not the next with no baby.

my periods came back fairly heavy but nothing like they were before the ablation.
I've 99% decided to terminate it but its so upsetting I feel like I'm murdering my own child. I found out I was pregnant at the exact moment my daughter went into labour on 2nd June and I felt that was a good omen that I should keep it, but I'm too scared that something even worse than last time will happen.
The trouble is our health system is so bad it will probably be about 2 months before they book me in for the operation and I just want all this over and done with, its so hard to cope with.
I can quite understand how you lost it last night, I so understand how you must be feeling right now. I hope you feel better about it all soon, I really believe you have made the right decision.

If you do decide to terminate i hope you dont have to wait that long. i know exactly how you are feeling right now. I only had to sit on it for a week and a half and if felt like an eternity. That is so hard. I went to a womens health center and had an abortion. They gave me something for the pain and something to help me relax. It was still a little painful but tolerable. I lost my ins. when i lost my job so a d&c at the hospital was an expensive option for me. We had to pay for the abortion out of our pocket but ins. will pay for it usually if you have it.
I still question myself. I still wonder and probably always will if it would have been ok. So many people we know are having babies right now and im happy for them but cant help but think that could have been us.
Im sure whatever you decide to do will be the right decision for you.
Hang in there. You need support!!! trust me.

I read that it has to be terminated under ultrasound scan guidance. Is that not true? I phoned around trying to get someone to do it with the ultrasound and no one will. I know our NHS will, because they did for my second op last time.
Was you awake when they did yours ?? OMG that doesn't bear thinkning about.
Our private clinics want about £800 to do the op and then consultation fees on top of that.
I have to have a scan on friday and its going to be so horrible because it is certain to have a heartbeat now. And my poor husband has to see that and know that he'll never have a child. This is such a horrible situation!

I was not told it had to be under ultrasound guidance. Especially early. The clinic i went to did an ultrasound before the procedure to date the pregancy and probably to confirm where it was. I was just barely 6 weeks so all we saw was a sac but i didnt have my boyfriend come in fearing that there would be a visible fetus and i didnt want him to see that. There was so little tissue that was removed the Dr. had the ultrasound machine brought in the room to make sure they got everything. They charged us $465.00. It included everything including coming back to do another test in 3 weeks to make sure it was negative. They were really good. Terrible situation but they do a good job getting you through it.