I am a 35 year old woman who had a tubal ligation 10 years ago and an ablation about 7 years ago due to heavy periods. I am the mother of 2 wonderful daughters and do not plan on having any others. I have read alot of postings about women who haven't had a period since their procedures, however I still get my period. My system has always sort of been out of whack (periods every 2 weeks or every 2 months). Recently I have been concerned about the lack of my period (almost @ 7 weeks) and wondering, if by some chance I was pregnant, what that would mean? Tied tubes and lack of uterine wall surely cannot equal a pleasant outcome. I have taken a pregnancy test which turned out negative but if my system is out of whack, how accurate could it be? Any thoughts? 

Hi

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to test tonight after a late/missed period  (13 days behind today) after always having a cycle even after my ablation. I got the tubal in 2006 and the ablation in 2009 and I just turned 30. I have no idea what's going on because I never missed a period since age 11 unless I was pregnant. I'm worried because I've read the stories too and see that there will be complications either way. My husband is laid off and we already have 3 children. Another won't help even though I feel it's a blessing and I don't want to risk my own life and that of a possible baby. I don't want to die. I thought all this was taken care of. I was in no way trying to have another baby. My youngest is almost 7. What was your outcome?

I the exact same situation/question as above. Where is the answere I can not find it out here anywhwere?

Same way here. Was wondering if you were really pregnant.

I've read what others have been saying..as far as a tubal ligation, my drs said over time they can grow back, as far as an ablation...you can still become pregnant..I've had both done and my dr said over time your tubes can grow back together and as far as the ablation..i have to get it done every 2-5 yrs bc IT WILL GROW BACK

Everything that I have read has said it isnt impossible just less probable to get pregnant. I am having the same problem right now.  I had my tubes clamped 20 yrs ago and ablation done 6 yrs ago with no period. Now I have had tender nipples, cravings, cramps, and sore breasts I have an appointment on the 5th of Sept to find out what is going on with my body.  I am a grandma of 2 and a mother of 3 and I am 42, dont really need another baby, but will deal either way

My wife had the same procedure done to her 17 years ago and recently shes become pregnant with our son.

Hi I am 35 and have had both procedures and last week I swear I felt movement in my stomach I have had 4 full term pregnancies so I'm pretty sure it wasn't gas or spasms also I have felt it almost everyday I took a hpt 2 days ago and it was negative what should I do

It is possible. I had a tubal ligation 10 years ago, and an ablation a year ago. A doc appointment yesterday confirmed I'm 3 months pregnant. High risk, because my ablation was considered recent. We shall see what happens from here.

Please let us know how things are going with you...I'm kicking myself in the butt everyday for having both procedures done 5 years ago this month...if I'd known then what I know now about my ex husband, things would've been different. But I would love to hear more about your story. God bless you & I hope all is well.

good lord this sounds like me too but im 48 and diabetic hope its just my menopause

Omg yall have me scared now.....i had both procedures done 6 years ago and my period has yet to come on....i guess its time for me to go get checked out.

I am 47 had my tubes done in 1988 and my nova sure in 2005 have not had a cyle since the procedure was done. breasts have been a little tender and today I was feeling sick.. I was told I could never get pregnant again... I didn't think I could get pregnant with out a cylce...

I am 42yrs old i had my tubes clamped about 8 years ago. i had the ablation 8 months ago for a heavy period. After the procedure I still continue to have a regular period just not so heavy. I'm worried because I'm 12 days late and wonder could it be possible to be pregnant is it worth taking a test or just waiting it out? I would love some input as to if it is possible at all to be pregnant after my 2 procedures I've had.

DID YOU TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST? IF SO HOW DID IT TURN OUT?