I had an ablasion 3 years ago for excessive bleeding due to low platlet counts. I found out that I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. Are there any statistics on pregnancy out comes post ablasion? I have not been able to find out any information about pregnancy after ablasion., Can you help?

Haven’t you discussed this option with your doctor after you had done ablation? Pregnancy after ablation is hardy possibly but it may occur of some of the uterine lining cells were left in the uterus.
Pregnancy is not likely to occur after ablation because there usually aren’t any lining cells that fetus could attach to.

Unfortunately, if a women does get pregnant after ablation, doctors advise termination of that pregnancy because it carries risks for both baby and the mother.

Because there aren’t many lining cells left, the tissue that was left may not be enough for a fetus to implant and be nourished and placenta may grow directly in the uterine muscle walls and stick to it. When this happens, placenta may not be able to let it go and separate and a woman may experience life threatening bleeding.

A woman faces another risk of uterine rupture.

I would suggest you saw your gyn ASAP, so you could evaluate the situation and see what you need to do.

I have been followed closely by my physician. I see him every week and have had several ultrasounds. I do not wish to terminate this pregnancy. I wanted to see if there is any statistics on this topic. I clearly understand the complications. I really wanted to know if there were any stats.

I have never seen a woman who undergoes ablation have a successful pregnancy..Many have stillbirths, miscarriages etc..

I hope your pregnancy turns out well. I have had an ablation and am having a tubal reversal done next month. One ob/gyn doctor that I know said that 3 years after you have an ablation you can't even tell one was performed. I'm hoping he is correct. Otherwise I just wasted a lot of money for nothing. Good luck.

I guess we are in uncharted water. I am now 9+ weeks pregnant so far so good.

Well, keep us posted on your progress. I am very much hoping for a happy outcome. I spoke with one of the ob/gyn docs that I work with today, and he made me feel much better about my decision to go through with this. Good luck to you and your family.

I have recently discovered that i am 4 weeks pregnant after undergoing a balloon ablation 1 year ago. I am aware of the risks to myself because of placental attachment however, I am a little confused as to how this will adversly affect the growth of the fetus. If the placenta is viewed as normal, than the function of the placenta should not be affected because of where it is attached. This is the view of my physician. we are monitoring the pregnancy as "high risk" and have decided for safety reasons to deliver by c-section. I have successfully given birth to 5 children, I am just wondering where your statistics come from. Everything that I have researched indicates that a successful pregnancy can occur. Maybe the statistics are different with the common edometrial ablation and a balloon ablation. Your input would be helpful.

I too have had an ablation back in August and just found out 5 weeks ago that I am pregnant this will be my 5th pregnancy with 3 live births. Everything seems to be going ok but I am still very worried that something could happen. I am now 12 weeks and still counting. The type of ablation I had was the Novasure Ablation and the Dr. didn't think I would carry to 12 weeks at all. I hope everything goes ok with the others that are pregnant after an ablation I am just taking it day by day. Will keep you posted on what happens with me.

I had a TCRE 2 years ago, and then 4 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant, due to the dangers involved i decide that it was cruel to continue with the pregnancy as i already have my children and they are in teenage years now. I had to have a scan last week to check on the dates (i was 8 weeks), unfortunatly the scan showed the fetus to be non-variable, i am now unable to have any form of treatment due to the high risk of heavy bleeding, my doctors have been in touch with Kings College hospital in London, and they have all agreed to leave things as they are and hopefully my body will absorb the pregnancy, if there is anyone else out there with the same sort of sitution it would be good to hear your story and any outcome. :'(

I was 13 weeks pregnant and had a thermachoice balloon ablation..The Dr told me everything looked good and they would treat it as a high risk pregnancy..I had a abortion because it was not my boyfriends baby..I do believe itwas a normal pregnancy..I have four heathly children and the pregnancy felt normal..I was wondering after havinga abortion if I could still get pregnant..I do not have any bleeding and it has been 6 months..

I hope you ladies do well in your pregnancies. Keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully I will be celebrating a pregnancy shortly.

I feel obligated to share my experience. When I started this dialogue I was excited about my pregnancy. I have found more information about ablasion and pregnancy. I kow that some have had sucessful prgenancies. I was not one of these lucky women. I have spent the last week in depression and gloom. My last ultrasound showed no fetal heartbeat. Both my husband and I are heart broken. I under went a D&C last Monday. For those who are currently pregnant there is hope. My husband and I have resolved that we will again try for a successful pregnancy. I am a medical professional and understand that this is uncharted ground. I have faith that we will succeed. I would hope that all that have given input to this topic continue to let us know your progress. Thought the heart ache we feel now is difficult the hope each of you express is comforting. I look forward to hearing of your progress. I know it is possiable to have a successful pregnancy after ablasion. My husband and I are committed to having a healthy child post ablasion. Please continue to post your news. It is comforting to know that there are others out there facing the same issues we are. Does anyone have other sources related to this topic they would be willing o share? God bless all, my prayers are with you no matter what your choice was.

Some how i logged in as a guest but the prior entry was by tlebkowsky.

I had a ablasion and tubes tied less then two years ago for bleeding. I have been getting small amounts of spotting and recently pregnancy symptoms.Fearing a tubal my Dr ordered a sono.I am about two weeks pregnant. The fetus is where it should be, and so far so good. The pregnancy did not show on urine test but did with blood test. I am very hopeful but scared. Please keep me posted on your stories. I have another sono in a few weeks.Please keep me in your prayers.