I dont know how this works, but here goes..... I had rollerball ablasion surgery on October of 2005, and so far I have had no period, but for a week I have been having pain such as the pain I had before the surgery. It is almost like my body is trying to have a period and it is just constant. Is this normal?

It is normal that you are not having any periods, you may not even get any more periods after ablation. My sister also had ablation done because of heavy periods, after her second pregnancy and she did have some light periods at first but gradually they disappeared. Her doctor said that was ok. She didn’t have any additional symptoms.

This probably doesn’t mean that you are not ovulating because you have your ovaries and their function is not impaired by endometrial (uterine lining) removal.

The pain you are experiencing could mimic the pain you experienced before but it could indicate something else as well.
I reckon you should visit a gynecologist and have it checked i.e check if there were an underlying condition that could be causing the pain. This is the best and the only way to determine what could be causing your pain.

I did alot of research on this also and there was a similiar question another lady posted and she was asked by another post member if she got a tubal litugation before she got endometrial ablation.....? Sure enough, she was still having her cycle but was being block by her tubes that were tied....anyhow it's worth looking into this...it cause this woman monthly pains......it only started to happen several months later after her ablation.....

Hope it helps...!

Jen

dear confused: I am having the same issue as you are. 3 months later and I am having pain and cramps but no period. Time to see the doctor because I don't know if this is suppose to happen.

I just had endometrioses removed on the 12/2/2007 and there was some small bleeding, which I was told about. But now the bleeding is very heavy, and there is some slight pain in the adomanal area, is this normal after surgery.

I had the Novasure procedure done 25 days ago and had my last period a week prior to the surgery so it is time for my next cycle. I felt crampy and my back hurt yesterday just like I was about to start my period and today I feel worse. I feel like something inside my abdomen is being torn away from where it is attached. My whole stomach area from just under my breasts all the way to my vagina hurts inside and is very, very tender to the touch. I have not bled any but this feels as bad as my periods were before, just no blood yet. I feel like the dam is going to break any second now. I feel like if I did start bleeding, it would be some relief (like going #2 when you have been holding it for a long time). Anyone else feel this way after your surgery?

I am having the same issue. I had ablation 3 weeks ago and I'm having pain like regular cramps only worse.

my last period iwas in constant pain i had novasure done 4-2-08 im hoping my next one is better

Guest wrote:

g129 wrote:

I had the procedure done on 5/30/08 and the intrument malfunctioned and they want me to come back. I had my period the week of the procedure and my bleeding wasnt that bad. When does all the clear liquid subside. I constantly feel like I am peeing on myself.

I had the novasure procedure done 2 weeks ogo and was due a period the day i had it done.Surgery went fine but today i feel as though my body is trying to have a period and cant ,still losing watery blood but have the same severe pain i had started out with. Sorry i have no patients but if im going to have a period without the blood what was the point! The pain i was having was like being in labor. I was led to believe if you take away the bleeding you take away the pain?Pain is still here so i suppose i will have to wait and see.

I had this procedure done May of 2008. I still try to have a monthly period. I have the horrendous pain for about 3 days before and during. Not cramps i'm talking pain!! I do not have a heavy flow but still have to wear a pad. I would not recommend this procedure I m in more pain than I ever was before . The only good thing is the absent of heavy flow. I was very anemic and this has helped . But you never know when you are going to have a break through bleeding day as I do that occasionally. Intercourse just does not happen anymore that causes severe cramping and bleeding!! I will say I know other people who had and they feel great!!

PROCEDURE - unfortunately, the balloon procedure would not work on my uterus so the doctor had to use a different procedure. The pain immediately following the surgery and for the next 24 hours was quite bad but diminished to cramping for the next few days.

PERIODS/DISCOMFORT AFTER ABLATION - I think i am already having a period only 2 weeks after having had the ablation (pms symptoms plus red bleeding that is different from the discharge immediately following the procedure), and i am also experiencing low cramps and a lot of bloating.

NO BLOOD - For those who have said they feel like they should be bleeding and are having pms - i do know that there is a small percentage of women who will stop bleeding altogether after the procedure. When i was taking the norethin-ace for the two months prior to the surgery, i felt awful when i knew i should be bleeding but my body wouldn't. Talk about bloating!!! The doctor said that was because of the hormone rx.

Have others experienced this bloating as well? It seems that the cramping does continue for a lot of women for a while after the surgery. I will see my doctor in one week for a post op check.

I had my ablation procedure done 24 days ago. The procedure went great no real pain just a few hours of mild cramps. I started my period last week. It has really improved as far as the heaviness of flow. But I am concerned....It has been 7 days and I am still bleeding. This isn't normal for me even when I had heavy periods.. Can anyone tell me how long this should last. I was hoping not to have anymore periods, I have heard this is the case with so many other women..Thank you for all your help.

I can agree I had an ablation done Feb 18, 2009 which was a week ago. I clear liquid coming out. Cramps so bad I went to the doctor today said everything was normal and all this stuff is suppose to happen.....I say it is a period without a period....I think bleeding would make me feel better because then I would know why I am hurting.............please help somebody..... :'(

I had my ablation done on Feb. 17, 2009. Everything went great. No pain, no problems. I have yet to have a period. I have had some strange feelings but not in the areas that I would have cramps, its more in my stomach and side area. I have thought that I was having something like a period but no blood. I know that everyones body is different but I would recommend this procedure to anyone who is having very painful heavy periods. I am very happy that I had this done. If something happens that makes me change my mind I will repost but for now having this procedure done is the best thing that I have ever done besides have kids. :-D