i have a swollen lymph node in my neck only on one side. i have no fever, no pain in that area. its just a feeling that something is there?. I have mo cold symptoms either and no sign of any infection. Its been there for last 3 days......can u plz let me know whether it is normal or i have to go get it checked?

Lymph nodes are very important part of our immune system. Lymph nodes on the neck tend to swell for several reasons like: ear infection, strep throat, common cold, measles, flu, mononucleosis, tonsillitis and rubella. Some of these are very common and are easy to treat but some keep coming back all the time and it is hard to get rid of them.  

However three days is very short period of time. I would suggest that you wait more, and it nothing is wrong with you it will go back to normal. But if it is enlarged for longer period of time, you should run some test and find out what is causing the lump on the neck.