hi,
i'm 26 year old female, i discoverd a small lump on my left shoulder near the collarbone 4 weeks ago. And my gp put me on antibiotic but it didnt respond to antibiotic and i went to have an ultrasound. And the ultrasound confirmed that it's enlarged supraclavicular lymph node with decreased echogenicity and echogenic hilus (what ever that means)
So i have been referred to see the specialist.

Any advice would be appreciated,

I know this is an old post but I have a similar situation. What was your outcome?

Hi both of you.
Enlarged lymph nodes could be scary because they could be a sign of some serious illness, such as lymphoma or leukemia. On the other hand, they are always strong indicator of certain infection, even the common cold or flu. I had mononucleosis ten years ago and I had enlarged lymph node at the same spot as you have, on my left collar bone. I never went to ultrasound. My doctor prescribed me multivitamins and a lot of resting. Within a month lump disappeared and my blood work was a lot better.
From your post I see that you've been on the ultrasound and your results shouldn't worry you. Echogenic hilus is a part of normal structure of a lymph node. However, its shape and size could reveal if there is a malignancy present. That's why you've been referred to the specialist.
Good luck and don't worry.