Hi. I’ve recently had hysterectomy and I’m wondering should I use ethrogen replacement therapy (ERT) now or I should just continue using it?? Thanks.

Well, you haven’t told us too much to work on. I don’t know how you deal with estrogen and do you feel ok using it. So, I’m just going to mention few things you oughta know. But, I strongly recommend you to consult your doc before changing your therapy. First of all, I think that you are interested in all benefeits of ERT after hysterectomy. Well, ERT after hysterectomy can reduce osteoporosis risk, reduce frequency and severity of hot flashes, prevent depression and sleep problems, prevent or reverse vaginal dryness and irritation caused by low estrogena and reduces the risk of dental problems. On the other hand there are many risks included like increasing the risk of blood clots, stroke, breast cancer and gallstones.