My dad need artificial disc replacement, but his doctors are giving it second thought because of the some condition he developed in mean time. He is a lot of pain and I am worried about him. Why is operation the entire sudden problem? They first said that he needs one. I am confused now. What are the other options?

There are several conditions that may prevent him from receiving a disc replacement. These include the slipping of one vertebral body across a lower one, osteoporosis, and vertebral body fracture, allergy to the materials in the device, spinal tumor, spinal infection, and morbid obesity, significant changes of the facet joints, chronic steroid use or autoimmune problems. He must been develop some of these. Back pain is sometimes produced by an injured or degenerated disc, so to treat this condition, alternatives to disc replacement include fusion, non-operative care or no treatment.