I’d like to hear some general info regarding the estrogen replacement therapy. I had hysterectomy four months ago for I had ovarian cancer so I don’t have ovaries anymore and am old 42 so the fact is my body doesn’t produce no estrogen meaning I’m already in menopause. That’s why I started considering the possibility of having estrogen replacement therapy but actually I don’t know anything about possible side effects of estrogen replacement therapy.

I had ovarian surgery for the same reason as yours and I also had hysterectomy so both you and I have experienced what is called-surgical menopause, our ovaries have stopped producing estrogen and the first thing I was terrified with was the easily bone fracture possibility in the future and especially regarding the fact that my mom suffers from osteoporosis. Those facts affected my decision to accept HRT-hormone replacement therapy that provides postmenopausal woman have the specific amount of estrogen though it’s not still that amount that once was produced by my ovaries but anyway from my point of view it’s better having whatever estrogen dose. I don’t know for serious estrogen replacement therapy side effects but I think though it is very rare in some cases it may lead to premature coronary and heart diseases and even increase the stroke risk but I don’t think it is proved. But on the other side I was explained that HRT may reduce the risk of getting breast cancer and colon and rectal cancer and some other serious disease. So if you ask me I would always recommend estrogen replacement therapy for I don’t think it could do any harm, but of course you need to talk with your doc and it needs to be him to tell you about all the good and bed sides of this therapy for in some cases of course it might not be recommended.