Hi. I'm 28 year old female and I'm scheduled for operation called hysterectomy which should occur in seven days from now.
About five days ago I was diagnosed with several problems such as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, uterus fibroids and external endometriosis. So, the only solution is that operation.
While I'm waiting for operation I have talked with several people about it and one friend told me that I should refuse to have this operation done because it will cause complete lack of hormones in my body. How could this be true?
So, I would really like to find out more about aspect of post operative treatment!?

First of all, you are talking about it like doctors really don’t want to help you but to harm you somehow. You didn’t mentioned once that you will no longer have to be concerned with, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, fibroids and endometriosis, conditions that could be life-threatening to you! Of course that, doctors will not leave you without any hormone because man in fact can't live one second with hormones -they regulate every process in your body.
You will experience one therapy called HRT or hormone replacement therapy. HRT can make an important contribution to the quality, the energy, and the strength of a woman’s physical and emotional health. You will take the two most important hormones: estrogen and progesterone.
Some women are even taking testosterone because it is proven that it accelerates tissue growth and stimulates blood flow.

I had everything you have, I suffer for 15 years waiting for menopause and it got worse , finally I had it done 5 months ago, today I went to the gym for the first time in two years and I feel great I'm taking 0.025 estrogen. Vitamins and nothing else. By the way I'm 48 years old, do you have kids ? or planning to have? Hysterectomy is a personal decision But I don't regret it yet.

Mary

Get a partiall hysteroctomy whichis means uterus only, ovaries,cevix stay so don't have to deal with hormonal replacment later in life. I'm also going to have one but I'm older than you; but I have to tell you one thing ones you have fibroids they keep growing so I think you best chooice is to have it done. Leaving your ovaries you could do an invitro later if you wish to have a babie. So good luck and follow your innerself, listen to your body and be aware ofyour dreams theyusually have the answer to your questions.

Gos bless

I had my hysterectomy 4 years ago, for fibroids and extreme bleeding. I did allow my doctor to remove my ovaries. She told me being near menopause I did not need them any longer and the risk of ovarian cancer was so high. Well the first year went well and then the anxiety and inbalance started & everything went to misery.. I MUST ALWAYS take estrogen and carefully the right type and high doses.. I was caught without insurance (unemployment) & medical care, Kaiser would not renew my prescriptions so I went without for 2 weeks. I really went insane with severe panic attacks and anxiety. It has taken 4 months to be well enough to write this post. I have done a lot of study and am still working out the best combinations. I take Vitamins, Minerals, amino acids, herbals and estrogen, the $ cost is high but better than insanity.

If I had been left with even a small part of an ovary my body would be able to produce at least some of each hormone needed but with NO ovaries the entire endrocrine systems is stressed. Women need all the hormones in balance the other glands try to take over but the job is too much. Bio-idenitical HRT is probably the best route but I currently can not afford the cost of the doctor and tests to use that method now...WOMEN tell your doctors you want to keep as much of yourself as possible. Fibroids are awful but nothing compared to the anxiety attacks I have suffered.. Do the google search for anxiety & panic attacks, you will see the connections. My fibroids were terrible but the missing hormones are much worse for me.. I am 56 year old woman and I now know I will have to take estrogen for the duration of my life to have any quality of life.
I hope this helps others who are getting ready to make this very FOREVER decision.

I'm a 35 year old mother with nine children. I had my surgery march 2010. After going back and forth to the doctors for over a period of about eight months. I decided to have an Hysterectomoy. The doctors told me at first that I had a small fibroid and to come back in six months to get reexamined. Instead, I fallowed my mind and came back in two. I explained that I was having pain in my stomach during sex or when you push down on it. They examined me again and I was told that I had a very few small one (like 3), and nothing was wrong just come back in six months. Once again I came back in two more months. This time I had the same symptoms but now my periods went from being three days to six days and spotting during the month. they examined me again (ultrasound) and told me that my uterus had went from being a 10 to an 12 and is now a 14. I was shocked because they never told me it was enlarged in the first place. So the doctor suggested that I could get this shot that would stop my period for three months at a time. or because my uterus was so big that I could get an hysterectomy. I took the shot but before I made it home I called my doctor back and told her I'd rather have an hysterectomy.

I feel in my case I made a good decision 1st - I wasn't really old but I have more that enough children. I heard stories of women bleeding and falling out and needing a blood transfusion as well as other stories and I really didn't want that to happen. I still have my overies but some times it seems that my hermones are acting up. I'd figure its in my head but I really want to ask my doctor for some pills for sex. Other than that I'm good. :-D if you want to ask me any question or reply my name will be MSMOM9

I WROTE THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I DO WITH THEIR OVARIES AND IF SO WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE ME. MSMOM9

good to know