Hi, I am going through menopause, and have some symptoms like hot flushes and mood swings. I heard this could be related to estrogen deficiency. Does it mean I can relieve these symptoms by taking some extra estrogen?

Hi, I suffer from estrogen deficiency too. I am 59 years old, and have this problem for almost five years. It started with hot flushes and emotional lability, and now I have changes in skin and hair, weight gain and sleep disorders. Estrogen deficiency can also cause acceleration of the bone-degradation process, which leads to bone loss. I was considering a postmenopausal hormone replacement, but I heard it isn’t healthy. A friend told me that taking estrogen could cause some serious diseases like breast cancer, cysts, and thrombosis. I am afraid to risk with this hormonal replacement, because I already have some breast cancer cases in the family, and I don’t want to push my luck. However, if you’re not afraid of those diseases, you can always try this therapy.

Try some NATURAL Progesterone and BIEST (combo of NATURAL E2 &E3) script from DR and available from compounding pharmacist. I would suggest a SALIVARY HORMONE PROFILE firstly

hi, i am a 36 year old surgically menopausal female. I also suffered from the hot flashes about an hour or so a day and mood swings along with extreme fatigue and poor bladder control.

If your symptoms are mild and you still choose not to do the HRT there is also a natural herb/vitamin called Black Cohosh(sp?) that is supposed to be a natural way to cope with the hot flashes. I myself put off taking the hormones because of the side effects...that was until I had to go in and have my bladder reconstructed due to estrogen deficiency.