I heard that acidic body conditions will lead to many diseases as viruses, bacterias and germs thrive in acidic environment. I would like to know if this is true and what common diseases are caused by these.

Also, I would like to know if drinking alkaline water would really help bring the pH value of the body to alkaline. and if it is true, how does it help to bring the body become alkaline?

If possible, maybe some reports or articles on the net would help too. Thanks.:-)

Ideally, what you eat should be 80% alkali and 20% acidic. But in practice reverse is true. You can search for fods rich in alkali on ineternet and download the chart.

Actually that don't really explain what I want to know. I would like to know what would actually happens if the body gets too acidic and how would taking alkaline food/water helps.

IF the body gets too acidic than you might suffer from a condition that i have. Increased levels of uric acid in my blood. My blood deposits excess acidity in my joints in the form of crystalline deposits which over time produce gout. The pain is excruciating.

Alkaline Ionized water will ensure that you dont reach that stage. its more hydrating, is a natural anti oxident, it actually donates current and rejuvenates your cells, absorbing the free radicals that can lead to cell dysfunction and other problems.

Acidic/Schmacidic! - Drinking alkaline foods or water will not change your metabolic acidity. The acidity of your blood is controlled by the amount of CO2 that is carried in the blood. Your body should release or contain CO2 within the blood to automatically control your blood's pH level to around 7.35pH. If you have a problem with Metabolic or Respiratory acidosis you have a serious medical problem that won't be corrected by eating alkaline food.

Think about this - your stomach acid is strong enough to counteract any amount of alkaline food you give it, and still be acidic enough to break down food so you can digest it. If stomach acid is strong enough to destroy food what makes you think that alkaline food, a tums, or a glass of magic water is going to make much difference? If you ate enough antacids or alkaline food to neutralize your stomach acid you couldn't break down food and you would clog up and die. So, if we can't even get the alkaline food past the 1st stage of digestion how would it have any impact on the rest of our bodies? Stomach acid is not only important for breaking down food, but also for killing bacteria and parasites in the food. Instead of trying to de-acidify our stomachs we should first look at the food we're eating and cut down on those things that are causing the heartburn or whatever symptom makes you think you are "acidic".

Most people "think" they are acidic because they are self-diagnosing based on c**p they've read on the internet (I have been guilty of this). We all wish for a simple solution to our ills but in reality there are few "Cures", just a lot of predators taking advantage of our distress. Also, people tend to use pH strips to test their urine, which fluctuates greatly, and testing your waste products is invalid. I'm pretty sure that only blood and certain tissue samples are valid indicators of acidosis, and even blood can fluctuate requiring repeated tests.

Also, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but there is no such thing as "Ionized water". Pure water is very inefficient at holding a charge, and neutralizes any charge almost immediately. If you "ionize" a glass of water even to it's saturation point it won't hold that charge long enough to get the glass to your mouth (electrons move at nearly light speed). Water is always neutral unless there are impurities such as minerals in it, and minerals tend to make water more conductive, which releases any "ionic charge" even more readily than pure water.

Someone above mentioned Gout, which is partly caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood. This is not exactly the same as acidosis. I want to point out that Uric acid is an Anti-Oxidant, and too low of a volume of Uric acid in the blood causes oxidative stress. Taking anti-oxidants for gout doesn't seem like an effective solution, but taking Oxidants wouldn't make sense either because the process is more complicated than just adding or subtracting Oxygen atoms. Gout is actually the crystallization of uric acid and other components within a joint, which involves a lot of complex chemistry.

Before you try anything you read on the internet (including this reply:) you should run it by your doctor. Doctors might seem a little narrow-minded at times, but most are readily able to tell you what is and isn't valid, or if there is even a case for argument.

I ve also read somewhere that, Lemon juice in warm water can greatly make your body more alkaline. I dont know how and why, but it has helped me to a great extent.