well hello internet!

i have been having a health issue i would like to ask about.
for a long while (i cannot remember exactly how long but at least 3 years) i have been having these silent little burp/hiccups.
unfortunately i did not bother to make any correlation to what was causing them, mostly because i hardly noticed them.
about 4 months ago the burping began to pick up in frequency and intensity.
with it came a light headedness that i can best describe as that feeling you get when you stand up to quickly, but it persists for hours.
within a month it went from a weekly problem to near daily.
occasionaly i would get downright naseous.
i also would sometimes feel like i could not breath correctly, my shallow breaths would feel unfifilling, but breathing deeply all the time feels just as distracting.
burping often felt like it would relieve this but only momentarily.
often i would start burping when i was hungry or after lunch and they would continue for hours, i would say once a minute.
the moment i would burp the discomfort of the bloating would feel relieved but would start up again a second later.
the burps went from what i consider a normal burp to these low rumbling demonic burps.
i began seeing a doctor about it and the doctor told me he thought it was probably acid reflux, although he did not know what the lightheadedness was about.
i had an endoscopy where i was told my stomach was very enflamed.
the doctor thought i might drink way too much alcohol.
i do drink pretty heavily a couple times a week, so i cut that out and went on a very gentle diet.
the problem persisted.
i started taking ppi's which did not seem to improve things.
then my bloodwork came back which turned up positive for antibodies to fight h pylori, although somehow the stomach endoscopy results had failed to turn this up.
i started taking antibiotics for the pylori.
right before i did i was at the pinnacle of my illness, i felt a tight constriction in my neck (the doctor believes this is how i experience heart burn).
with that came the feeling of not being able to inhale enough oxygen (although i always live when i have this problem so i am not sure if its just the sensation and not physical).
i was very lightnedness and my stomach hurt.
okok so this was after a 3 day bender, but i was at a wedding (really stupid i know!!!) i went on the antibiotics for a week and a half and after it was finished i felt a lot better although not cured.
for the next month i would only need to have one big burp after a meal and i would feel fine, although i would occasionaly feel light stomach pains.
more recently though i feel like its coming back more and more, where again i have spent 3 or 4 days of the last week burping a good percantage of the day.
i have also felt some of the lightheadedness come back and last for a couple hours here and there.
i am off the ppis to take a test to make sure the h pylori is in fact gone, then the doctor suggests i try a bacteria that kills bacteria in my stomach in the hopes that there is some bacteria in there that causes the burping.
he says after that he is not sure what else can be done.

other things to note!
marijuana is the number one aggrivator for me. when i smoke i feel extremely bloated and will burp these tremendous burps. i feel so bloated i often feel like they will result in puke although they never do. i have stopped smoking now.
coffee, too much tea, alcohol (a day or two after, not while drinking), too much food, not enough food seem to trigger problems for me. i haven't kept a journal and i know i should, but i cannot find the types of food that triggers it because i there is a lack of consistency to what triggers it. sometimes obvious things like pizza cause it, other times they don't. and sometimes things that shouldn't cause issues, like drinking water, will set me off.
sometimes my stomach grumbles and makes funny sqqqqqqqqqqqqueeeeeeee noises, although i suppose everyones does, i hear mine with more frequency then when i was normal.

well internet if any of you have had anything similar or (please) know what it is let me know!

How is it all going? I have the same symptoms...I have had the breath test for H Pylori but that was normal...I am seeing the Doctor next week to see what to do next!!! :-(

Thanks for the description. Same thing happens with me. I find alcohol and coffee are killers. Maybe even lactose-based products like milk and yogurt can initiate day-long burping episodes. I will look into the H. pylori infection.

ouchymouchy did you ever find out what was the problem? i hope you can respond/reply to this , i know its been a while. but im having the same problems,.. so much trapped gas , so much severe constant lightheadedness which makes me feel like im going to faint, and it lasts allll day!! They keep saying its acid reflux,. but it actually might be too little acid not too much. lemonaide makes me burp right away and relieves so much chest tightness BUT then it makes so much lightheadedness. it seems almost like the brain is full of gas or that the brain isnt getting enough O2. I hope you can reply back to this thread on your progress.

Hello, unfortunately I have had no relief. Since December i was mostly just burping but very recently the light headedness came back. I am going to see another doctor this week and get their opinion. I am pretty sure its acid reflux and maybe after i drnk hard i also get an enflamed stomach. so i am still living with it and it sucks!

Hello ouchymouchy here, unfortunately I have had no relief. Since December i was mostly just burping but very recently the light headedness came back. I am going to see another doctor this week and get their opinion. I am pretty sure its acid reflux and maybe after i drnk hard i also get an enflamed stomach. so i am still living with it and it sucks!

I get the same type feelings. Has been going on for a few years. I used to get really worked up about it, been to the emergency room, felt like what I thought was a heart attack. Had a number of tests done to look for stuff. IBS diagnosed only. I also worked at a job where I had to type alot without proper support and do spend a decent amount of time on the computer at home. I am not anxious crazy but I am overly anxious, I always thought I was chillin. Drank too much alcohol for awhile and slowing it down helps a lot. A better diet helps too. My posture ended up being a problem as well. The back muscles were tearing each other apart. I would not sleep good or in a good position. Once I started working on that it got alot better. Try to stretch often, legs too. My rib cage would crack sometimes, like a loud knuckle. I was so built up with pressure that something was wrong that it made it all worse. Lightheadedness was a problem too. I had to slow myself down sometimes because I felt stupid. And the marijuana never helped. Always made it worse. I still partake sometimes but it makes it worse. I have been trying for a short amount of time to control it. Every little bit helps. Diet, mind, physical and drugs were all a part. And you have to remember there is nothing wrong. You have tried to find it and not there with normal tests. Something crazy happens you will know. BUT dont wait for that point, you are fine now! Good luck man!

dear internet,
i am a 15 year old girl and as long as i can remember i have never felt good.
I believe it all started in grade six which would make me around 11 years old,
so technically this has been going on for about four years.
It first started out of not feeling myself, like constantly feeling sick to my stomach like sorta nauseated but never actually vomiting.
Then I began to have this weird symptom of burping extremely loud, and for a girl thats not usual.
First burping would relieve the sickness in my stomach and the burning feeling or pains.
But after a while the burping would only relieve it for a couple of minutes then the pain or what not would be back.
And after a while burping would make me feel even sicker because stuff would come up when i burped , and a disguting taste was left in my mouth.
Now i have been to many docters and they have simply diagnosed me with acid reflux each time but the medication thats suppose to relieve the acid reflux has never worked. Ive basically tried everything out there from perscriptions to acid reflux relievers found on the shelves in drug stores like pepto bismo, rolaids, tums, zantacs, and everything else thats out there for this problem.
But the oddest thing is that when it came to perscriptions i even had to try adult doseges which yet again never worked.
Ive also had many test done too .
My first test i believe i had was an ultra sounds to check my ovaries etc to see if the problem was there which it wasnt.
Then i think my second test was a test where i had to swollow this disgusting thick white chalk which how i describ it and then directly after , i had to slowly these beads which seemed like that i could feel going down my throat popping and sizzling, and i can tell you this wasnt pleasant. And on top of that , they had put me on a table which i was being turned upside down etc.
After all this, this is when they had finally diagnosed me with a mild acid reflux.
But i could not understand how it could be only a mild case when i was constately feeling soo sick like this?
Soon after the docter simply put me on yet again more medication to ease the pain but never fully worked and told me to avoid certain food that would agrivate it.
I sooon felt so helpless because i felt as if noyone fully understood what was happening to me, and they thought that this diagnoses would finally simply stop everything, which it never did, only to me progressed.
After this I began to discover some symptoms .
I noticed that feeling sick and the pain in my stomach and the burning sensations and a lot of burping and nausea would mostly appear at night time, right before i went to bed.
I adapted to this my sittting up while falling asleep cause i felt relief because laying down when i always needed to burp only made me feel sicker.
But i also noticed once i fell asleep , it would never wake me up during the night. The only problem was trying to fall asleep.
After a year or two my docter realized that i still was improving so he scheduled me for another test.
This test Im still not sure what its called but it is when they put a tube down your throat to check out your stomach and to take a biopsy.
With my luck , yet again everything came out perfect.
After that, i have basically gave up on seeing docters cause they cant seem to find out whats wrong with me.
Ive had learned to adapt to always feeeling sick, i dont think i even know what feeling good means anymore?
Recently ive also noticed that ever since i can remember ive always had troubles using the bathroom.
Usually, i only go every week or 3 days or so if im lucky !
Please anyone , i did help .
i cannot deal with this anymore.
if there is anyone out there please reply.

Hi ouchymouchy! Im having the same problem as yours. How has it been? Hope you feel better now. Please let us know if you have some good news.

Cheers

OH HELLO!!! I am ouchymouchy. I feel somewhat better. Seems like its acid reflux is that i got. But also I think its caused by heavy drinking. I drink heavy. I am drinking less heavy and it does seem to make things overall better. I should probably quit completely but then I would lose my job. Also I smoke less cigarettes now. So it seems it is mostly caused by bad lifestyle decisions. WHOOPS!

I have this problem and it is very frustrating. I'll post the things that have helped me. Lily of the desert stomach formula..which is aloe vera plus some herbs. Chamomile tea plus meadow sweet tea. (you have to buy it loose) Drink this all day...it can take a week to notice the effect. Not drinking alcohol or soda. Avoiding tomato sauce and vinegar and other acidy foods. Reducing emotional stress and becoming more aware of stressors and emotions by whatever method works best for you. I like Belleruth Naparstak's guided visualizations.
I'm still not free of this but I'm mostly ok except when there are stressful situations...which is alot of the time. But doing these things has helped enormously.
Best of luck to you all.

Hi All:

I have all the same issue here exactly as ouchymouchy. DRs dunno what it is. I keep going and they keep saying reflux. It's like my stomach is always all burrbly like a soda that's been shaken. When it's really bad, I have trouble breathing. Has anybody found anything that works?

Mike T

Ouchymouchy I have had the same exact thing going on with me since April. Doctors say it was gerd and eosiniphilic esophigitis, but I believe there is something else and want it to stop. Alcholol, caffeine and marijuana all make this problem worse. I get worked up over nothing it seems because it always goes away, but the anxiety is the worst part. Anyway today I was working out and it was like an attack where I needed to burp, but couldn't. My neck gets really tight and you can see my heart beat pounding which even scares me more although if you were to look at me I'm in awesome shape. I really wish this would all just go away!

Hi There i do have the same problem, everytime i drink water i seem to burp and get lightheadness, it happens generally when im at work

cheers

Hi. This is exactly the same as what I am going through. It has persisted with me for over 3 years. Only recently did I notice any relief from burping, but I have had light-headedness every so often. Can't seem to find any real noticeable cause for the symptoms as far as diet, etc. but the faint spells have increased in intensity over time. So much so, that I have passed out at work once and nearly a second time. I have had chest x-rays, abdomen ultrasounds (scheduled for my 2nd one tomorrow), blood tests, kidney function tests -> all to no avail. According to the tests I am healthy as can be. I have felt like maybe a heart attack was imminent, but have been reassured that it was not happening to me. I seem to be developing a slight fear of heights, like my anxiety goes up more than it used to when at high elevations (even safely on a platform). I am currently receiving Remicade infusions for psoriatic arthritis (immuno-suppressor) and have been assured that the medicine is not causing the symptoms, but I wonder if it is indirectly affecting the intensity of the symptoms. Check with your rheumatologist (if you are seeing one) about this phenomena. Also: beware carnival rides, and theme park rides! I nearly blacked out taking my child on a kiddie ride (The Scrambler). I think it is linked to my problem because i have never been affected in such a way from park rides. Maybe it doesn't affect everyone the same way, but be careful just in case! :-) Hope this helps... even though we don't know what we're fighting, at least we know we aren't alone!