I am not having an active and regular sexual activity for past 2 years. For past few months I am noticing that my foreskin opening has shrunk and it becomes very tight at the time of full erection. I am experiencing pain while pushing it back over erect and gorged head of my penis while masturbating. There is no problem with the erection. What I want to know is that would it be the case that foreskin starts going back to its previous form as it is before, if there is no sexual activity for a long time. I am not married, so whatever sexual activity I was having with my gf was also only for year or so, and not before that.

Anureg:

It is not well known that the foreskin has sheath of smooth muscle tissue within it called the peripenic muscle or dartos muscle. The shaft of the foreskin prevents the muscle fibers along the shaft from shrinking and contracting.

If you have a long foreskin that overhangs the tip by a bit, there is nothing to prevent the dartos muscle fibers in the tip of the foreskin from shrinking and contracting.

If you don't stretch the muscle fibers in the dartos muscle, they will shrink and tighten up. Just as an athlete has to stretch his muscles before exercise, you need to stretch your dartos muscle by regular retraction of your foreskin. Here is a stretching exercise to restore the mobility of your foreskin.

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.