Hi, I have been on extacy for a few months, but now I decided to quit. What is the next step to overcome dependency?

Hi, I tried extacy for the first time on a party, three months ago. I must admit that it was the most beautiful and spiritual experience I have ever had. However, I am not using it regularly to avoid dependency. Once in a while I take some to have good time. Still, I am very concerned what it is causing in my body. Changes in personality, irritability, restlessness are just a few of characteristics I have noticed in persons who are taking extacy. I had such a bad quarell with a friend while I was under influence of extacy, like I never had before.

Depending upon the amount you used, you'll need an evaluation and possibly a medical detox. You can seek information about social services or treatment centers that help people with addictions. There, you will be suprvised as your body adjusts without the chemicals. Then, treatment is mental conditioning with emotional support: we use drugs to cover up emotions that may have been left dormant for some time.

Best of luck!

Extacy is not addictive. The feeling is. You have no chemical dependency. There is no next step to over coming dependency. I have done it for months at a time and then stopped for six months. It is not difficult to stop. You shouldn't have problems unless it was laced with a high dosage of something addictive. Some can be laced with cocaine. You have to be careful. You should be fine though!