Researchers have developed a vaccine that can help people with drug addiction. They are currently working on a cocaine vaccine which is supposed to be the first medication that can help people with drug problem. This vaccine should be useful for people who want to stop using drugs because it has effect that people who take drug won’t get high and than they will lose interest.

Vaccine has ability to stimulates immune system to attack the drug molecules when they are taken. Immune system can’t make antibodies to attack drug molecules because they are very small but researchers have found a way to do that by attaching inactivated cocaine to the outside of inactivated cholers proteins. By doing that, immune system recognizes the potent naked drug and antibodies bind to the cocaine and prevent it from reaching the brain.

Approving this vaccine could represent a breakthrough in cocaine addiction treatment which is now mostly based on psychiatric counseling and 12 – step program. Vaccine that can help against drug addiction probably won’t work for everyone but if they are proven to be successful they will provide important option for those who want to stop taking the drug.

I hope they will soon find a vaccine for addiction to tobacco smoke. I am a non-smoker and I hate tobacco smoke. It stinks. Ideally, the vaccine shall come in liquid form that can be transported in a spray bottle. Whenever people start smoking around me, I shall just spray the vaccine into the air and every smoker around me will lose their interest in smoking and soon quit.

f**k the fact it stinks...I am a tobacco smoker and they need to create a vaccine for it because me and many others would give their left hand for a pack of smokes...they're so addictive it's ridiculous, and i'd pay a lot of money to get rid of my addiction =/ >:(