I'm an example of this...I was smoking daily for about 4 years when I came to the end of my rope. Smoking pot was exhausting and I was always getting sick with colds & flus, cold sores, and just fatigue. If you're tired of these same symptoms, there's a way to stop. You've just got to do it. And you must change everything...the people, places and things that keep you in a cycle. Write here and tell about your experiences of recovery, or hang ups about stopping...

You obviously are very ignorant and NOT A DOCTOR!! Marijuana is addictive just like every other drug. It's too bad that you feel the need to spread false statements as well as use such language towards people who are trying to better themselves. I feel bad for you.

well isn't that just a little of the pot calling the kettle black...

This is one of the reasons I left another online support group for marijuana addcits trying to recover - too much dissent and disruption from those who have no real idea what they are talking about and just want to extol the great aspects of being a pothead. In the end there are no great aspects. I am 40 days clean and I couldn't be happier about the fact. It is hard to face the fact that since I was a teenager, I let this addiction go on for so long when I really didn't need it to be happy or sane or creative. It's a waste.

okay this was pretty funny (a little bit of drug humour)

Is it just me or are these blokes circling the same drain?

I dont like it that much when people say weed isn't addictive. It is, but not if you smoke it once every 2 or 3 days. If you use it like a drug is used (every day, maybe multiple times every day, like my stupid ass 8-| ), then it is pretty addictive. A lot of people don't realize that THC is an actual drug, and it will cause drug-like symptoms, no matter who you are. Some people that use it constantly, however, experience nothing at all (lucky SOBs). I am in the middle of quitting right now, and my appetite is down a lot. It's also hard to get to sleep normally and blah blah blah. If you think it's not addictive, try smoking it daily for a month or 2, then go cold turkey. I bet you'll think very differently about marijuana then.

everyone relax. THC is much less addictive then other DRUGS we consider to be safe such as caffeine.

Indeed THC isnt as addictive, biologically as other legal substances. For example if someone were to snort nicotine of an amount equal to a cocaine line he would die before taking it all in. There are other facts about marijuana that make it hard to quit. The high you get from THC is emotionally addictive. What the author said about changing places people and all that stuff can and most probabaly be a great help towards stopping abuse of drugs. I had some friends that every time I hanged out with we would end up smoking up just because that was our thing, our way to interract and connect. The truth is that having done this for many years of my life I can now realise that this only destroys precious time with friends that is not ever to come back. More than that, no human relationship should rely on materialistic aspects of the meeting and if you really cannot find other thing to do with your friends maybe you should break it off just for a little while so that you gradually move forward. You can re-evaluate these relationships far better after being jointless for some time (3 weeks to 3 months approximately).
Abuse of THC leads to paranoia and depression, and usually after 3 years of constant use it can cause psychosis which is the baic reason why I stopped the abuse. The best thing you can do if you find yourself planning when and where to smoke up from the time you wake up, is just to back down and detox for about six months...getting assistance for that can always prove useful as you need to express all these fellings and withdrawal symptoms you get.
I myself am not the typical socio-slap-happy person you see when you walk down the street or see drinking at clubs and making passes at random women just to be something I socially get by. Although I did need someone and something to help me get away from repeating patterns which led to abuse. If you really believe you will be able to stop abusing pot then writing painting and playing music will definitely be a great deal of help, especially when you feel very depressed. But most probably this will not be enough... you should find someone you can really connect with, whatever this might mean, independently of the nature of the bond betwenn you and the other person (friendship, sexual , erotic, people with the same hobbies or the same purposes as you). IF you see that nothing of that is particularly helpful you could try getting some "professional assistance" (psycho-therapist/logist), even though I think it would prove to be less than useful. In any case, if you are not yet psychotic you should not start taking "medication" because the worst thing for a person like me and you, dear reader, with the history of emotiohnal dependency on substances, is getting addicted to something that is considered to be OK... antidepressants and other legal drugs, such as zoloft and xanax which by the way seem to be selling by the pound in our days from the so called psychatrists (greedy weaklings with insecurities about their sexual endowment as I prefer to call them) are far more easier to make you dependent upon a new substance and HOPPING FROM ONE DRUG TO ANOTHER IS NOT GOING TO HELP YOU AT ALL. You will still be addicted and more importantly the social acceptibility upon this chemical dependence will render it almost impossible to ever get off these legal brainwashing drugs...
That's all for now. If someone would need any further help or advice they should contact me in this blog or my mail
And I know a lot of ppl will comment and say that I am not a doctor and blah blahhh. Well yeah I am not a m f n dpctor and I am sure as hell I won't charge you pr try to sell you anything. Too much trust has been put on those who swear upon the relics of ancient scientists to treat and cure their patients for their well-being, while they just keep you sick with other narcotics so that the pharmaceutical industry can fill their greedy wallets with peoples' earnings....

Until next Time....

Yours sincerely

Charlie P.

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Hey..

I really feel bad about the thread been cycling in a wrong way..
I think Yoga Honey Bunn has just suggested that there is always a way to stop this addiction
towards smoking pot...
I think that was what he meant.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Hi joshuab,
Do you have any suggestions on how to stop addiction?
Or do you have any experience? It would be nice if you could share.

Regards

I smoked every day for nearly two years. One day I decided it was too expensive so I stopped. Shouldn't an addictive drug have some kind of withdrawal? Some people will look for any excuse to blame something else for their own shortcomings.

Every thing is in your hands..
Being addicted and recovered is all in your mind.
Have belief that you will be able to withdraw from drugs, have confidence in you.. that itself will boost you.
Provide follow some basic steps for the recovery, better get guidance from your physician.

I had my fill of weed after about 2 years of starting, 1.5 years of daily use, and spending about $3500. It was primarily the guilt of spending money from my family that made me quit. I had decided to quit many times earlier, for several reasons, but if the money was there I would break and just spend it. It got to the point where it wasn't even enjoyable. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I could feel pain more. Every ache and tiredness in my body was just amplified to the point of being painful. Paranoia plagued my mind and the only thing that kept me coming back was the mental addiction. I wanted relief. Eventually it became clear that more marijuana was not going to help.

It was such a waste when I look back on it, but I can't regret it. Everyone who tries weed has to go through their own experience. I'm in the middle of college and feel good about coming to this conclusion now instead of way down the road. My mental state was beginning to deteriorate and I'm just now (Day 27 for me) regaining the way I felt before.

The hardest part is distancing myself from my friends. The main reason we had for meeting up was to get high. Now that that's gone, what fun is it to watch them get high? One of the reasons my best friend smokes is because he has an easier social outlet to meet others. It's sad, but I also felt that way when I smoked. I am truly alone right now. I'm ok with that because it just makes quitting easier (no outside temptations). I know I will probably have to make new friends because I don't think they will quit and I just don't want marijuana in my life at all anymore. Maybe they will come to realize what I have later on. Maybe.

After quitting, I began exercising daily and trying to live as healthily as I can. It really helps to be doing something instead of sitting around thinking about marijuana. I think about weed every day, but I just keep in mind that I don't want to feel that way anymore. Quitting weed is like losing a old friend. You had your good times and you want it to be great, but you just have to let go. I've gotten my fill and I don't need anymore. Life is more enjoyable living sober and not going for that instant relief. Hopefully this will lead me to better things in the future.

Bit of a rant..
I can't vouch for or against the gateway drug theory. All I can take is from my experiences. IMO, marijuana makes other harder drugs much more tempting to do if you are already inclined to trying them. It also exposes most to others who do harder drugs. The one drug I regret taking is Datura. I really should have done more research. If I was told it was the fourth deadliest plant in the world, I would have never of done it. I'm lucky the seeds were underage and dried, otherwise the dose would have killed me. I would have never done Datura if I hadn't done LSD. And I would have never done LSD if I hadn't done MJ. Point being, my judgment had been clouded from marijuana and it seemed like harder drugs were ok to try. My advice: stay away from amphetamines, period. Try LSD and/or shrooms if you wish once or twice for the experience then leave them alone! And let that be the end drug experimentation. I'm not encouraging experimentation by any means. The only drug that shouldn't be Schedule I is MJ. These are called hard drugs for a reason and I discourage anyone from going down that slippery slope.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that you can't overcome something that has no addictive properties whatsoever. It's Habitual. Coffee is much more addictive than marijuana, and kills about 10,000 people each year. Where as Cannabis has never killed anyone from direct use for the thousands and thousands of years people have been using it for. Marijuana is harmless, and if you think you're addictive, you're just ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**, and don't blame it on the pot for your ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**, you were ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** before you started. You just didn't realize it.
In fact, Marijuana increases brain cells, and there functions.
Marijuana produces cannabinoids, which are already produced by the brain naturally. The Hippocampus, which is responsible for memory, and learning takes these cannbinoids and changes them into brain cells. When you smoke, you increase the amount of cannabinoids in your body. This is why when you're high you can't remember a whole lot, and can't really focus. Because your hippocampus is hard at work. But after the high wears off, you can remember every little bit of information.
Marijuana is a harmless drug. More so than alcohol and tobacco.
Ecstasy, Heroin, and Cocaine kill less people a year than Alcohol and Tobacco combined.
In the month of January 2010 alone, Alcohol killed 1000 people.

Memory and learning problems may be causing problems at work or even result in losing a job because of high absenteeism. Increasing isolation from friends and family often puts heavy strain on relationships with loved ones. There is a vicious cycle to marijuana addiction in which these problems are often used as a rational to smoke even more pot. A trap that many fall into is that the drug that is causing the problem becomes the solution to the problem it caused.

There is help however; Spencer Recovery Centers has been helping people get off of marijuana for over 10 years. The specialized combination of medical treatment and behavioral therapy has proven to be very effective for marijuana rehab. If you or a loved one needs to stop smoking marijuana we hope that you will call us today.

Marijuana addiction must be treated like the disease it is. Let the professionals at Spencer Recovery Centers show you how you can take back your life from the grips of marijuana addiction. Call us today for a confidential consultation. We accept many medical insurance plans and even the call is free.