Down in my basement where the heat duct connect to this wood and ceiling its covered in what looks like pieces of tape overlapped on each other. Is this asbestos? Even wors me dad tore some off one day because he had to get something out of the vent. How dangerous is it. Theres alot of it in the basement. I alwayss thought asbestos wrap looked like one piece not a bunch of pieces overlapped. Theres some tears in it some im worried im breathing it in. I also rent so idk what i can do.

Hi, i was recently watching a tv show that basicaly explained how toxic are our homes. And the one thing that they said is the most dangerous is actually Asbestos, that is why your topic came to my attention. They basicaly said that asbestos is very dangerous to breathe in, because you actually breath in small needles in you lungs that hurt your tissue and may cause bronchitis or even cancer. Maybe the best way to make sure that is asbestos is to seek professional help, like someone who does home bulding, contractors. One other thigs that you can make sure if its asbestos or not is to check with the lanlord when is the house or appartment built. If its built before 1975 there's a good chance its asbestos, if its built after 1975 its not asbestos for sure. Be careful anyways.