Hello, folks. My friend has been working with asbestos for almost 20 years. He has been recently diagnosed pleural mesothelioma. As far as I know, it is a form of cancer. The thing that interests me is whether this disease is deadly or not. I would really appreciate if someone could answer me this.

Hello, there. Pleural mesothelioma is a serious form of pleural cancer. There are still debates whether peritoneal or pleural mesothelioma is deadlier. Ones say it is pleural, others say it is peritoneal. Usually, this form of tumor is diagnosed in late stages. Treatment options are also limited. There are only few manifest symptoms and that is what this cancer makes deadly. I hope your friend will feel better. If you want to know something more, don't hesitate to ask me. I will try to help. Good luck!